Safety Manager - Farmington Hills, MI at Cadillac Asphalt LLC
Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Farmington Hills, Michigan
Job ID: 129665
Cadillac Asphalt, a vertically integrated Oldcastle Inc. joint venture company, energetically drives to continually be a leader in our markets in quality construction materials and value added services by employing innovative techniques and customer-centric practices. We believe that our employees are the reason for our success and we focus on their development and advancement opportunities as well as attracting new talent to our organization. We encourage you to learn more by visiting www.cadillacasphalt.com or our parent company at www.oldcastle.com.
- Organize, administer, maintain, and coach supervisors in all business lines on the policies, procedures, and incident free culture of Cadillac Asphalt, LLC. Safety and Health program. Report to Sr. Leadership on all accidents, incidents and follow-up investigations; direct and assist line of business teams to discover and share root causes, risk tolerance factors, other contributing factors, and corrective actions. Assist Risk Manager with Workers' Compensation cases; provide support for workers’ compensation, general liability, and all safety and health incident and injury cases.
- Supervise Field Safety Coordinator and monitor completion of required reports, records and related department correspondence; schedule and/or attend line of business meetings and assist with general office administration such as preparation of letters, memorandums, spreadsheets and development of PowerPoint presentations.
- Conduct and organize annual training of personnel in all lines of business, including, but not limited to safety policies, procedures, and reporting, wellness, First Aid/CPR/AED, blood borne pathogens, organize and participate in safety training, new hire orientations, and other information sessions relative to company programs and initiatives.
- Generate and distribute safety alerts and communications of all safety issues; assist in compiling tool box talks; refine and implement Safety policies, procedural and training initiatives; update safety manuals, company publications, guides, training aids, etc. as appropriate.
- Support field with implementation and administration of safety and health programs; observe and provide feedback on supervisor safety discussions (individuals and teams); encourage positive safety behaviors; identify at-risk behaviors and work with supervisors to develop plans on how to address; be a role model and promote a “Zero Incident” company culture; includes travel to plant and job sites.
- Supervise the reporting of MIOSHA/OSHA/DOT, OMG Incidents, and other required measures and documents on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual bases; manage additional special projects and initiatives as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills; including small group speaking
- Highly self-motivated, able to establish goals and objectives and achieve desired results
- Strong attention to detail; superior organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrate experience with computers; skilled in Power Point, Word, Excel, Publisher, and digital information management
- Courteous, professional attitude when dealing with co-workers, regulators, and healthcare and insurance providers
- Strong desire to help people by creating and continuously improving a safe work environment
- High standard of confidentiality
- Must pass drug screen and background check
- Must be willing to travel to various locations
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Occupational or Industrial safety/health with at least 5 years’ experience preferably in the construction field with strong knowledge of all applicable safety laws and regulations and MIOSHA standards. Equivalent experience may also be considered.
- Knowledge of fundamentals of construction safety, accident prevention, occupational injury, industry safety criteria, and incident investigation techniques and methods
- Experience with Workers’ Compensation preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Cadillac Asphalt is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Cadillac Asphalt is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.