Application Support Manager at KinderCare Education
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Portland, Oregon
At KinderCare Education, we make it our passion to nurture a sense of discovery, joy and wonder in every child, every day, at every one of our centers. As the nation's leading private provider in accredited early childhood education, we're committed to delivering the highest quality child care and educational opportunities for families and the dedicated professionals who serve them.
We see the greatness in each child, and we believe teachers can change the world. Every day, our more than 33,000 employees create a world of learning, joy and adventure for more than 158,000 children. Whether you're in one of our centers or providing support form our headquarters in Portland, Oregon, being a part of the KinderCare family means that you care deeply about positively impacting the lives of children and families through the power of education.
KinderCare Education has three brands to meet the needs of busy families wherever they need us:
- We're in neighborhoods with our KinderCare Learning Centers that offer early childhood education and care for children 6 weeks to 12 years old
- We're at offices with KinderCare Education at Work, our suite of family-focused benefits for organizations to offer to their employees, including on-site and near-site early learning centers, Back-up Care for last-minute child care and Care Select
- And we're at schools with our Champions before and after school programs
Are you passionate about delivering world class service and support? Do you enjoy leading a team of growing support analysts and partnering with development teams to enhance and improve products? Are you inspired by designing services that solve customer pain-points and eliminate hassle? Do you have a track record of improving customer satisfaction through providing consistent services, hiring skilled and inspired staff, and delivering continuous improvement?
You are the ideal candidate if you are a customer-focused leader who is excited about our growing Application Support organization. In this role, you will have a unique opportunity to centralize Application Support capabilities and design future service offerings. You and your team of analysts will grow to understand and empathize with our customer's business, needs and priorities. You are the ideal leader if you are passionate about customer service, instill trust through delivering consistent leadership, are strong in process and operations, and have an insatiable hunger for insights and metrics to continuously improve and innovate on the services you offer.
- Build a team of support analysts to provide application support for KinderCare Field Operations, Center Directors and Field employees via phone support, ticketing system and email
- Participate in the delivery of application release projects, enhancement and defect resolution and other Release Management activities
- Develop a robust Knowledge Base for both support and customer use, in order to improve service experience, support escalation and resolution times
- Serve as front line manager for Application Support, supporting both internally developed applications, business processes and other services as the capabilities grow
- Ensure Application Support processes and standards are established, well documented and communicated and are in-line with IT Leadership expectations for standards and operations proceses
- Drive constant improvement within Application Support with using service management, metrics, self-service, knowledge repositories, and other Incident prevention approaches
- Develop and manage budgets, service cost models, resource allocation and workforce plans
- Influence leadership, customers, and partners with your experience and passion for operations support, continuous improvement, release management and customer experience
- Support the transformation of IT Service Management at KinderCare, by enabling process improvements and sharing your experience with frameworks and methodologies including ITIL, DevOps, PMBOK, Agile, and Waterfall SDLC
Education and Experience:
- More than three years managing or leading teams in operations or application support
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience
- Proven success in optimizing services for operational effectiveness and customer delight
- Experience with ITIL processes and should have experience in related tools and technologies
- Demonstrated success in building high-caliber teams in support of organizational initiatives
- Demonstrated aptitude for identifying improvements that serve the customer and gaining buy-in from leadership through influence, evidence, and passion for the customer's experience
- Demonstrated growth experience, showing a consistent track record of taking on new challenges and driving their success
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional communication, influence, and execution skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and conceptual skills
- Growth mindset, persistence in face of obstacles, embrace challenges, and focus on improving self
- Leadership skills that can energize a multidisciplinary work team to respond to IT business needs
- Knowledge of IT Service Desk tools, such as ServiceNow, and other best of breed technologies
KinderCare Education is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.