Process Improvement Engineer at RB
Posted in General Business 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
The Improvement Engineer is responsible for Overall Equipment Efficiency (OEE) for the asset(s) that he/she is assigned. OEE is measured at each manufacturing asset and the downtime codes are categorized into: Changeover, Breakdown, Adjustment & Unable to Run. The objective is to minimize these four downtime categories to maximize the OEE on the asset(s). The Improvement Engineer must be able to have strong data collection and data management skills to ensure the top issues can be identified.
Changeovers can be minimized with an effective understanding and implementation of visual management, center-lining, and SMED. Asset performance (Breakdown and Adjustment) can be improved through operator training, autonomous and preventative maintenance, and troubleshooting (RCA/ PCS) and center-lining. Unable to Run (when an asset is scheduled to run but cannot) is affected by a breakdown in factory processes, these can be minimized by good process mapping skills and implementation of modified processes.
The Improvement Engineer must be able to identify and quantify OEE opportunities, calculate the return on Investment (ROI) based on the cost of the solution vs the benefit, lead and manage the change into implementation and finally evaluate the benefit to prove it is generating what was intended.
Everything that affects the OEE of an asset falls under the responsibility of the Improvement Engineer.
The Improvement Engineer is a critical step in the development towards more senior continuous improvement roles. A typical career progression looks like the following:
Improvement Engineer - CI Engineer - Senior CI Engineer - Engineering Manager/Operations manager
A fantastic opportunity is available for an Process Improvement Engineer to join our team.
This role is responsible in:
- Review and manage the OEE data from their asset(s) to ensure it is always accurate at the source.
- Pareto OEE data to accurately identify the top improvement opportunities.
- Complete and own skills matrix for operators by equipment to understand training gaps. Influence production management to ensure operator based training for any OEE improvement is fully engaged and supported.
- Owns the Autonomous Maintenance (AM) program for their asset(s) which covers frequent inspection, cleaning and lubrication to optimize performance. Train operations team on how to execute AM program.
- Assess and modify PM program to ensure it is aligned to known failures of equipment on that asset(s).
- Implement, audit and sustain 5s program for their asset(s).
- Generate center-lining guides and audit based on manufacturers recommendations
- Identify equipment improvements. Manage the design and manufacture of any equipment modifications. Leverage the Maintenance team to install equipment modification. Evaluate performance improvement.
- Map factory processes that affect 'Unable To Run' time. Re-design, re-write/create SOPs and learning aids, implement, sustain and evaluate by recording data.
- Owns waste data for their asset(s) and improve waste levels to deliver at or better than target.
- Build relationships with operational and maintenance teams also responsible for the asset(s) and integrate as value-added member of that team.
Is this You?
The following skills are preferred:
- Technical qualification at Colleague level.
- Some AutoCAD/Solid Works, Process Mapping skills desired.
- Strong Excel skills preferred.
- Some experience in leading and implementing improvement initiatives preferred.
- Effective Communication Skills (Mutual Understanding & Support) written & verbal.
- Some Project Management Skills from concept to implementation preferred.
- Effective Team Dynamics Skills.
- Basic Mechanical and Electrical root cause analysis skills preferred.
- Some basic 'hands on' maintenance experience preferred.
In Return RB offer very competitive salaries with excellent benefits and the chance to progress your career within a truly Global organisation.
Apply Now for a chance to really change the game!
RB is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.