Platform Analyst (SF or NYC) at Yahoo
Posted in General Business 4 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Francisco, California
Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
The Supply Platforms Analyst is an integral member of Open Demand, a Programmatic Sales team focused on third party DSPs and other programmatic buyers operating in Oath's Supply Side Platforms. The Platforms Analyst will partner with the Open Demand Sales team to extract and analyze data and will ultimately help optimize and grow platform demand. The Analyst helps ensure our Sales teams are maximizing opportunity and are limiting risk from our programmatic demand partners.
The Platforms Analyst will work with data from as many as 5 different Supply Side Platforms (SSPs) and help provide cross platform demand insights. This role will dissect and synthesize data to identify platform-level trends, risks and opportunities for display, mobile and video supply. The analyst will work directly with various Open Demand teams including Platform sellers, Bidder Development and Buyer Development, providing analytical support for Oath's programmatic demand partners with a focus on revenue and growth. The analyst will operate both proactively and reactively at both a macro and micro level, performing any audits and diagnostic troubleshooting needed to resolve issues.
Qualified candidates should have relevant digital advertising experience and specifically have held an analyst, or similar role within the programmatic advertising ecosystem, ideally DSP, SSP or Digital Ad Agency. Strong SQL, Excel and Tableau skills are critical. The Open Demand Platforms Analyst is in a unique position to drive growth and success for clients, the team and the company.
- Focus on revenue growth, operational efficiencies & scaled analysis
- Leverage data to guide pre & post sales strategy
- Provide analysis to maximize revenue across all supply channels
- Work with publisher analyst team to align supply opportunities against demand
- Present data and findings internally to showcase areas of success and opportunity
- Discover and resolve issues before they become client facing
- Build reporting dashboards and data visualizations for use by internal teams to monitor micro and macro trends (Tableau and Looker)
- Communicate with sales teams to problem solve, strategize and troubleshoot
- Investigate data to discover opportunities and uncover risks
- Proactively Identify actionable insights for demand partners
- Respond to Ad Hoc requests for data and analysis in a timely manner
- Share and present data
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 2+ years AdTech, Digital Ad Industry, Programmatic advertising experience
- Must have experience using SQL and Excel on large datasets.
- Tableau or Python experience preferred. Background or interest in data science a plus.
- Able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Resourceful, able to self-educate, not afraid to ask questions
- Able to think and act both strategically (big picture) and tactically (details)
- Ability to bridge the gap between business and technology
- Comfortable working in a team as well as independently
- Able to self-manage and prioritize a multitude of responsibilities and workstreams
- Comfortable in front of variety of audiences including clients and executives
- Adaptable and open to change
Currently work for Oath? Please apply on our internal career site.