Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Gainesville, Florida
Job Code: 00039-11783
North Florida Regional Healthcare is an organization centered around the community hospital in Gainesville, Florida North Florida Regional Medical Center (NFRMC). NFRMC is a 445-bed, full-service medical and surgical acute care center serving North Central Florida and offering comprehensive cardiovascular care, oncology, orthopedics, neurosciences, minimally-invasive laparoscopic and robotic surgery, weight loss surgery and treatment, senior care, women's health and wound therapy, among other services. A proven leader, NFRMC is fully accredited, is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center and a Quality Top Performer by The Joint Commission, is an accredited Chest Pain Center, is designated as a Blue Distinction (tm) Center for Knee and Hip Replacement, Spine Surgery and Bariatric Surgery, and earned a position in Truven Health's Top 100 Hospitals in 2017. North Florida Regional Medical Center is a member of Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). Based in Nashville, Tennessee, HCA is the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 177 hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and Great Britain.
Provide professional nursing care to patients utilizing the nursing process. To collaborate with other members of the health care delivery team including physicians, to deliver quality health care.
1. Demonstrates knowledge and application of the nursing process.
2. Participates and cooperates in the unit based Quality Improvement processes.
3. Supports, maintains and provides an environment which is supportive of quality patient care through effective use of resources and personnel.
4. Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
5. Serves as the patient and family advocate with respect to the patients right to privacy by protecting confidential information.
6. Plans and implements patient care and teaching based on a total assessment and the age of the patient.
7. Evaluates and documents patient response; monitors and recognizes changes in physiological and psychosocial status; takes appropriate action based on assessment of the patient.
8. Actively seeks ways to control costs without compromising patient safety, qualify of care or the services delivered.
9. Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
10. Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patient s care which results in patient harm.
11. Attends in-service presentations and completes all mandatory education requirements.
12. Uses Performance Improvement Plan to improve patient safety.
13. Regular, punctual and dependable attendance.
14. Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
* Associate Degree, Diploma in Nursing, or BSN required
* State of
Florida RN License required
* BLS AHA Healthcare Provider
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
* 1-3 Years Acute care experience preferred
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
* Reads and writes Basic English with the basic skills necessary to transcribe physician s orders
* Knowledge of universal precautions
* Ability to listen, empathize and respond to patient, family, internal and external partners needs
* Basic computer skills
* Basic arrhythmia test recognition have upon hire or within 30 days of hire with a 90% passing score
Last Edited: 06/13/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.