Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Sanford, Florida
Job Code: 00327-7258
Evenings (rotating weekends)
CENTRAL FLORIDA REGIONAL HOSPITAL, a 221-bed acute care hospital and Level II trauma center, serves the communities of Seminole and west Volusia counties. The hospital provides the only full-service cardiovascular program in Seminole and west Volusia, including open heart surgery, interventional cardiology, electrophysiology, cardiac rehabilitation and comprehensive diagnostic services. Other specialized services include orthopedic and spine care, robotic surgery, wound care, acute inpatient medical rehabilitation, complete imaging services and The Baby Suites. Central Florida Regional Hospital is located 3.6 miles east of I-4 between S.R. 46 and Highway 17-92 in Sanford.
Provides discharge planning and assistance with social services to the patient or significant other. Collaborates with the care team and other healthcare professionals to implement an interdisciplinary process for evaluating a patients' progress from admission through return to the community. You are expected to smile!
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (including, but not limited to):
* Initiates the case management process to ensure patients receive the appropriate level of services across the continuum. Ensures plan meets patient's clinical, psychological and discharge needs in collaboration with attending physician and interdisciplinary team.
* Ensures all admission and continued stays meet clinical criteria for appropriateness and medical necessity. Assesses discharge planning needs and coordinates the delivery of services to meet these needs.
* Evaluates the health status of assigned patients by collecting and analyzing patient and family information. Expedites and coordinates the delivery of services to facilitate patients' progression through the healthcare system.
* Develops and maintains effective relationships with appropriate community resources, post acute care facilities and medical-equipment providers to support patient care needs post discharge.
* Establishes rapport and works collaboratively with insurance companies to facilitate the patients transition to an appropriate level of care.
* Facilitates the discharge planning process through coordination with the interdisciplinary team and serves as a liaison to safely transition patients to the appropriate level of care. Proactively indentifies and resolves issues.
* Acts as an educational resources and provides consultation to hospital medical staff regarding discharge planning process and applicable federal, state and local regulations; identifies benefits, implications and limitations of home care as appropriate.
* Masters in Social Work (MSW) REQUIRED
* Current FL Social Worker licensure (LCSW) preferred.
* Minimum of 3 years recent experience within an acute care facility or related healthcare experience.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D
Last Edited: 06/12/2018