Billing Team Lead at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Largo, Florida
Job Code: 08947-153245
The Company: Parallon Business Solutions is a subsidiary of Hospital Corporation of America and HCA West Florida. We provide a variety of services including revenue cycle, supply chain management, and workforce management to 1,400 hospitals and 11,000 non-acute care providers, including ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices and alternate care sites. We have been voted one of the top employers in Florida for 8 years in a row, and are known for taking the best care of clients and employees alike.
Our culture fosters an environment of continuous growth and professional development.
Parallon was named a Top 100 Company to Watch for Remote Jobs in 2016 by FlexJobs.
We believe in rewarding our employees with a healthy work/life experience, our employees are rewarded with comprehensive health and wellness benefits, financial and retirement planning support, and time away from work options.
Job Summary The Billing Team Lead is responsible for coordinating day to day activities for
Billing operations. This includes coordination of all billing activities to assure that standards are
adhered to and that the electronic claim filing process functions efficiently and accurately.
Supervisor Billing Manager
Supervises not applicable
Duties (included but not limited to):
* Manages and maintains the billing processes and programs to provide effective
electronic filing strategies
* Provides ongoing training and education to billing staff to ensure that policies and
procedures are followed
* Meets with the Billing Manager regularly to effectively communicate and resolve
billing issues, set and prioritize goals, improve processes and review insurance and
* Assists with staff communication, providing updates, resolving issues, setting goals and
* Retrieves and maintains electronic filing and edit reports
* Researches and corrects claim submission reports
* Assist Manager with all provider enrollments are timely and accurate for all carriers
* Assist Manager with edits and provides monthly edit statistics
* Assists with training of Billing personnel in electronic filing and data entry methods
* Sees that patient billing submission is efficient and organizes the billing schedule
* Assist the Manager in maintaining established departmental policies and procedures,
objectives, patient, and customer service policies
* Perform quality reviews as required by Parallon/SSC policy.
* Work as a liaison between team members and SSC staff
* Assist with payroll activities for team members (i.e., time cards, edit sheets)
* Assist manager with developing team goals and action plans
* Practice and adhere to the Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value
* Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
* Communication - communicates clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing. This includes utilizing proper punctuation, correct spelling and the ability to transcribe accurately.
* Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
* Interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with other employees, patients and
* PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
* Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcome by providing training, advice and feedback to assist/support employees in achieving established performance standards
* Tactical execution - assist in monitoring operational processes and making
recommendations for changes/adjustments as needed during the implementation or change to new products or processes
* Policies & Procedures - demonstrates knowledge and understanding of
organizational policies, procedures and systems
* Basic skills - demonstrates ability to organize, perform and track multiple tasks
accurately in short timeframes, have ability to work quickly and accurately in a fastpaced environment while managing multiple demands, ability to work both
independently and collaboratively as a team player, adaptability, analytical and
problem solving ability and attention to detail and able to perform basic
mathematical calculations, balance and reconcile figures, punctuate properly, spell
correctly and transcribe accurately.
High School diploma or GED required.
At least one year of related experience required.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE - N/A
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS
Requires prolonged sitting/standing, some bending, stooping, walking and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports or other information.
Requires lifting papers/boxes and pushing/pulling up to 25 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment or hospital setting. Work may be stressful at times. Contact may involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.
Last Edited: 08/14/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.