Counselor at Adams and Associates
Posted in Education 2 days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: San Francisco, CaliforniaJob Description:
Treasure Island Job Corps Center (TIJCC) is a vocational training program for low-income youth (ages 16 - 24) funded through the Department of Labor. Students are educated in vocational training programs like Culinary Arts, Plastering, Cement, and Certified Medical Assistant. In the event a student has not obtained a High School Diploma, they will be enrolled in a HSD program on center. It is our goal to train and educate our students to provide them with the necessary skills to join the workforce in their vocational area of study.
Provide enrolled students with guidance towards completing the program and obtaining employment in their chosen area of study. Document student leaves to ensure student's daily accountability is maintained. Counselors have student caseloads ranging from 30 to 60 students. It is the Counselors responsibility to identify and remediate student barriers to successfully completing the program and funnel them to the appropriate resources on center.
- Responsible for providing personal/career counseling for students to enhance student employability and to ensure continued enrollment and quantifiable success in the program.
- Identifies and remediates student barriers to success and develops individualized student career educational plans.
- Ensures strict confidentiality of sensitive information and integrity of student data.
- Ensures student case load meets or exceeds DOL/Company performance goals.
- Responsible to provide students with comprehensive and individualized case management ensuring student progress, retention and completion of the Job Corps program.
- Establishes supportive/mentoring relationships with students throughout their enrollment and provides personal, educational and career counseling.
- Provides ongoing assessment of student progress in Academics, Career Technical and Independent Living.
- Develops and updates student Personal Career Development Plans.
- Coordinates services for students (on-Center and off-Center) to ensure student retention and success in the program.
- Routinely evaluates and documents student performance using case management system.
- Contributes to the Center's culture by treating students with care and respect, assisting students to achieve personal and career goals and ensuring students feel safe and welcomed.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree (including at least 15 semester hours in Social Services-related instruction).
- A minimum of one year experience in counseling or related field. - Strong desire to effect change in young adults' professional development.
- Must possess a valid in-state Driver's License and meet the Company insurability requirements.
- Medical, dental, vision offered through Anthem Blue Cross
- HRA account included at no cost with medical enrollment
- Employee assistance plan
- Will preparation, identity theft program, and secure travel assist program
- 401(k) savings plan (after 1 year of employment)
- Tuition reimbursement
- 11 paid Holidays per year
- 10 days of vacation and 10 days of sick per year (accrual based system)
- Commuter Benefits & Shuttle Service (varies)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.