Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Hercules, California
# of Openings
Bio-Rad is looking for a Senior Accountant.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, be a quick learner, who is comfortable working in multiple accounting systems. Having previously worked in a US public company or in public accounting, the successful candidate will know GAAP Accounting and have experience with SOX compliance. The candidate should be comfortable working in a fast paced, highly dynamic group, with time sensitive accounting deadlines.
This detailed-oriented individual should be comfortable working with auditors and will coordinate internal and external audit requests. Advanced Excel knowledge is a must as this position will work with many complex Excel spreadsheets on a monthly basis. The candidate is expected to hit the ground running to assist with monthly end close, corporate reporting and audit requests.
* Assist manager with monitoring month end close process for the General Ledger (GL) function.
* Assist manager with performing initial review of routine JEs, including prepaid capitalization and amortization, Asset Retirement obligation, in addition to routine entries received from Cost, Revenue, Tax, HR, Legal, and other Finance Business Partners.
* Assist manager with performing initial review of various balance sheet account reconciliations identifying potential issues and following up with resolutions.
* Assist manager with monitoring GL transactions and reconciliations, providing solutions to resolve variances.
* Prepare Corp HFM entries and M pack and Q pack on a timely basis.
* Assist manager with special project as needed.
* Assist manager with providing Internal and External audit requests.
* BS in Accounting, Finance, or related field. CPA is a plus.
* 5+ years of progressive accounting experience.
* Public accounting experience is a plus.
* Solid knowledge of US GAAP reporting.
* Must have demonstrated proficiency in journal entry preparation, account analysis and variance analysis.
* Must work well under pressure and be able to manage tight deadlines.
* Must have advanced knowledge of Excel. Strong system skills a must - Experience with SAP and HFM preferable.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to work and interact in cross-functional relationships.
Bio-Rad is a global leader providing a broad array of clinical diagnostics and life science research products. With a team of more than 7,800 employees and a global network of operations serving our customers, we help people live longer, healthier lives.
Bio-Rad was founded over six decades ago and has continued to provide the healthcare industry with innovative and useful products that help life science researchers accelerate the discovery process and medical diagnostic labs obtain faster, better results.
Bio-Rad does not accept agency resumes, unless the agency has been authorized by a Bio-Rad Recruiting Representative. Please do not submit resumes unless authorized to do so. Bio-Rad will not pay for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.