Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by Careerbuilder
Location: binghamton, New York
Publication date: 08.02.2019 REFERENCE: 5109698501
Company: Avangrid Service Company (ASC) Department: Non Wires Alternatives Job Title: Supervisor - Non Wires Alternatives Reports to: Program Manager - Non Wires Alternatives Location: Binghamton,NY Salary Grade: H Cross Company Responsibility: Yes
Business and Department ASC-NY-Binghamton ECC Vestal,NY
This position supports the development, analysis, maintenance, evaluation, measurement and verification of Distributed Energy Resources (DER) which are part of the Non Wires Alternatives (NWA) programs in New York and in Maine.
* Will work in either New York or Maine. * Will lead a team that includes one or more Lead Engineer(s) and Lead Analyst(s). * Will be responsible for managing all NWA projects in their respective state through the entire NWA process from opportunity development to contract execution and administration. * Will act as the intermediary between the NWA team and other internal groups regarding progressing NWA projects towards contract execution and implementation.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work - range of responsibilities):
1. Lead a team that includes one or more Lead Engineer(s) and Lead Analyst(s) to (80%): a. Identify NWA opportunities through the application of suitability criteria to planned capital projects. b. Develop NWA opportunities and Request for Proposals and manage the NWA sourcing process. c. Evaluate responses to NWA RFPs including performing a Benefit Cost Analysis on potential NWA projects. d. Act as liaison between NWA team and other internal groups as the NWA projects progress towards completion. e. Support NWA contract negotiations. f. Support NWA Evaluation, Measurement and Verification (EM&V) requirements.
2. Provide other analytical, technical and business case support to NWA and the Integrated System Planning (ISP) group to facilitate incorporation of DER projects within the ISP model (20%).
Education & Experience Required:
* Bachelors Degree with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience required. Masters degree and/or Engineering Degree preferred. * Thorough knowledge of the electric transmission and distribution system. * Demonstrated understanding of utility operations and positive customer interactions. * Demonstrated understanding of Distributed Energy Resource planning and system impact. * Demonstrated project management experience. * Preference given to previous supervisor experience. * Demonstrated experience working with and across functional departments, including electric engineering, operations, energy control center, legal, regulatory and others. * Experience supporting the implementation of complex initiatives.
* Excellent analytical, problem solving, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. * Must be an effective and positive communicator.
* Strong and demonstrated understanding of power systems analysis. * Strong business and technical background desired. * Proactive and results oriented.
This opportunity will offer AVANGRID is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. AVANGRID shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. The Company is committed to a policy in all of its employment practices of equal opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, disability, religion, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or other protected status.
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 877-387-9061 or email@example.com