Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Steele, Alabama
At Meyer Utility Structures, we’re pioneers in the transmission industry with a strong commitment to reducing the environmental impact of transmission lines. We were the first to use steel for tubular transmission poles and full-scale vertical testing, and the first to develop wood-equivalent steel poles. In addition to that, our engineering solutions for voltages up to 765kV are designed with our proprietary software and have been validated through years of comprehensive, full-scale structural testing.
As a Specialty Operator at Meyer, you’ll work for a company with family values on a team that’s motivated to do a great job. The Specialty Operator sets up and operates machines to cut, bend, straighten, and form using free-form technique to meet product specifications. The operator works with unconventional types of materials.
What you’ll do:
• Operate presses, straightener and/or other specialty equipment
• Follow all safety rules and practices
• May be involved in safety committees or initiatives
• Perform other duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
• Minimum of 1 year of experience
• The ability to proficiently read blueprints
• Metal forming experience
• The ability to measure accurately