Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Pensacola, Florida
REGISTERED BEHAVIOR TECHNICIAN
The Registered Behavioral Health Technician will work under the supervision of a bachelor s level (minimum) practitioner to assist LCI counselors/therapeutic/nursing staff by providing clinical support to adults and/or children who are receiving substance abuse, mental health or co-occurring services in LCI s residential programs, inpatient settings, day/evening programs, outpatient programs and/or community-based programs. Will be responsible for, but is not limited to: Establishing and maintaining a positive helping relationship with persons receiving services at LCI, Assisting persons receiving services to complete activities of daily living, including assisting them with access to needed resources and helping them to build functional relationships with others, Ensuring the safety of the person receiving services, Implementing specific interventions according to the person s treatment or service plan, Monitoring and documenting the person s progress. Maintain Certification as Registered Behavior Technician.Teach basic and community living skills to clients, either individually or in group settings.Work with the client s family or designated support persons to understand needs of the client and to help the family/support person assist in the recommended interventions. Take accurate vital signs and appropriately monitor vital signs.
Minimum Job Qualifications
* High school diploma or equivalent
* At least two years of experience working directly with seriously emotionally disturbed children or seriously mentally ill adults Or completed two years (48 hours) of college classes Or certified as a behavioral health technician or mental health professional
* Must be able to provide individualized, integrated mental health, substance abuse and co-occurring services to meet the needs of individuals served and their families
* Must be able to use a computer
* Must be able to pass a background check
* Good oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work within the guidelines established in the policies and procedures of the agency and assigned program division
* Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with multidisciplinary staff
* Ability to recognize signs and symptoms of abuse
* Ability to effectively relate to a variety of individuals, including persons living with a mental illness and/or substance use disorder, persons with developmental disabilities, family members of persons served, and co-workers
* Ability to problem solve and advocate for persons served
* Ability to assist in maintaining a therapeutic milieu
* Will be required to complete in-service training in the treatment of mental health disorders, abuse regulations and confidentiality
Interested applicants please visit www.elakeviewcenter.org and complete the on-line application. If you require additional assistance, please call Human Resources at 850-469-3729.
Lakeview Center is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free/Nicotine Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING/NICOTINE TESTING REQUIRED.
Lakeview Center is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, females, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, disability, marital status or protected veteran status.