Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Wilsonville, Oregon
TE Connectivity Ltd., is a $14 billion global technology and manufacturing leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. For more than 75 years, our connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, have enabled advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in nearly 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
TE s Medical business unit, part of the Industrial Solutions segment, offers medical device OEMs, a complete product offering, and capability portfolio for minimally invasive, imaging, surgical, diagnostic, and therapeutic devices. With more than 350 design engineers and a global presence in all key medical device hubs, we are a premier partner to the world s leading medical technology companies for their next-generation medical devices. We are experts in all aspects of device design and manufacture, from access & delivery solutions for interventional medicine; to sensors & connectors for surgical applications. Our innovative solutions enable ground breaking medical therapies such as treating heart disease without opening the body, placing microscopic devices into brain arteries and powering robotic surgery.
TE Connectivity's Materials Planning Teams are responsible for the plans, schedules, and monitoring of the movement of material through the production cycle. They determine quantity and order date for materials to meet production or engineering schedules, initiate purchase or production requisitions compliant with supply agreements, and develop the schedule to be used in the production facility based on forecasts and historical analysis. The Team develops specifications for new contract orders as well as forecasts and plans for labor requirements. They provide timely and accurate input on supplier performance and may be asked to participate in higher level supplier performance reviews with the strategic sourcing team. They also monitor cost, schedule and scope of assigned subcontracts to assure best quality at best value.
* Ensure the warehouse operates at peak efficiency, with customer satisfaction being the primary goal, by supervising, organizing, directing, and training warehouse employees and establishing, monitoring, and managing operation goals
* Develop warehouse operations processes by determining product handling and storage requirements, equipment utilization, inventory management, gate processes, and shipping
* Train and manage a warehouse team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short- and long-term performance goals
* Oversee daily operations, while controlling and managing inventory and logistics
* Review and prepare workflow, manning and space requirements, equipment layout, and action plans while ensuring productivity, quality and customer service standards are met
* Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
* Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
* Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
* Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
* Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
* Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
* Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
* Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
* Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* Supervise daily activities of the warehouse, including quality assurance, inventory control, space management, logistics, floor productivity, shipping, and customer service
* Schedule and oversee warehouse team to meet the demands of the fulfillment center, and manage the flow and quality of work to maximize efficiency and minimize overtime
* Inspect equipment, tools, and machinery regularly, and oversee general maintenance as needed
* Meet regularly with warehouse leads to review, analyze, and develop actionable plans for productivity and loss prevention
* 5+ years of experience in a warehouse lead role managing hourly employees
* Proficient knowledge of warehouse procedure and policy
* Excellent problem-solving skills and leadership qualities
* Ability to work with all levels of company staff
* Comfortable delivering frequent direct written and oral feedback
* Experience working in a Lean Manufacturing environment
* Advanced degree in engineering or logistics
* Proficiency with SCM+ for warehouse management