Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Wichita, Kansas
Job ID: 14566
The Buyer II will be responsible for assuring the continuous supply of assigned components in order to maintain the required production levels at optimum cost, consistent with quality and quantity specifications. As well, s/he will be responsible for maintaining an inventory of parts, within assigned components, to meet stated goals of inventory while maintaining production schedules. S/he will develop internal and external supply chain processes for operations and coordinate the arrival of raw materials consistent with stated production plans.
Purchases items for the factory; shops for vendors for new products; confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
• Reviews bid proposals, LTA’s and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
• Prepares outside processing purchase orders.
• Expedites delivery of goods to users.
• Generates debit memos.
• Maintains procurement records such as items or services purchased, costs, delivery, product quality or performance, and inventories.
• Lead cost reduction initiatives for supply chain base.
• Facilitate and monitor the consolidation of suppliers.
• Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in procurement and working in a manufacturing environment.
• Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) preferred.
• Government and aerospace purchasing experience preferred
• Experience reading blueprints, working with BOM’S and familiarity with MRP system
• Procurement and negotiation skills, planning, inventory management and scheduling skills
• Proven team player who has demonstrated capabilities in the follow areas: communication, interpersonal skills, well developed problem-solving skills, solid organizational skills; and be self-directed and effectively relate to all levels of an organization
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and meet the deadlines.
• The right person will be ambitious and flexible who wants to learn and grow professionally.
• Strong computer skills are a must, to include: Word, Excel and experience with a major ERP system (Oracle)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.