Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina
Infosys – Data & Analytics – Technology Lead – Hortonworks/Hadoop Admin
Infosys is a global leader in next-generation digital services and consulting. We navigate our clients’ digital transformations in 45 countries across the world. We do it by enabling enterprises with an AI-powered core that helps prioritize the execution of change. We also empower businesses with agile digital at scale to deliver unprecedented levels of performance and customer delight. Our always-on learning agenda drives their continuous improvement through building and transferring digital skills, expertise, and ideas from our innovation ecosystem.
Wanted: Global navigators, to guide the world’s largest enterprises’ digital transformations
In the role of Technology Lead, you will interface with key stakeholders and apply your technical proficiency across different stages of the Software Development Life Cycle including Requirements Elicitation, Application Architecture definition and Design. You will play an important role in creating the high level design artifacts. You will also deliver high quality code deliverables for a module, lead validation for all types of testing and support activities related to implementation, transition and warranty. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
Location for this position is Charlotte, NC
. This position may require 80% travel
U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.
• Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent required from an accredited institution. Will also consider three years of progressive experience in the specialty in lieu of every year of education.
• At least 4 years of experience with Information Technology
• At least 3 years of Hands on experience in Hortonworks Administration and 1 year of experience in Hortonworks 3.x version
• At least 3 years of IT experience in System / Unix administration activities.
• Hands-on experience on Hortonworks 3.x installation, configuration, debugging, tuning and administration;
• Systems implementation, operations, and its optimization as Hadoop Admin
• Proven experience as an Admin on monitoring resource utilization and proactively identifying job performance and resource issues (network, disk usage, memory usage, server-side limitation) on Hortonworks
• Exposure to drive critical issue / upgrade related tickets / calls.
• Manage the effort to support, resolve and document issues that arise in the environment. This may include reviewing designs and recommending improvements to the architecture / server / environments.
• Experience administrating distributed applications: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Map Reduce, Hive, or other NoSQL (Cassandra)
• Experience with large-scale high-performance distributed systems like Hadoop, NoSQL or Spark
• Experience with setting up and configuring the YARN queues using the YARN queue manager.
• Experience with Devops, scripting or other automation.
• Working knowledge of Networks, Linux OS and Unix Shell Scripting
• Understanding working authorization mechanism for Ranger / Sentry.
• Experience in enabling the Kerberos setup in the platform.
• Experience in installation and configuration of Knox gateway.
• Experience in NOSQL databases such as HBASE or Cassandra
• Experience in proper configuration on Hadoop clusters and conduct ongoing monitoring and maintenance to ensure stability and optimal performance
• Planning for capacity upgrading, downsizing as and when the need arises
• Hadoop Cluster maintenance as well as creation and removal of nodes
• Experience with Performance monitoring and tuning.
• Experience with security management of Hortonworks Cyber Security Appliance.
• Experience with Backup management for the Hortonworks Cyber Security Appliance data.
• Preferred Hortonworks (Hadoop Administration) certification
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to work in team in diverse/ multiple stakeholder environment
• Analytical skills
• Experience and desire to work in a Global delivery environment
The job entails sitting as well as working at a computer for extended periods of time. Should be able to communicate by telephone, email or face to face. Travel may be required as per the job requirements.
Infosys is a global leader in consulting, technology and outsourcing solutions. We enable clients, in more than 30 countries, to stay a step ahead of emerging business trends and outperform the competition. We help them transform and thrive in a changing world by co-creating breakthrough solutions that combine strategic insights and execution excellence.
EOE/Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin