Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Bradenton, Florida
STUDENT INTERN- MASTER S LEVEL (NON-PAID, ON-GOING RECRUITMENT)
SUMMARY: Centerstone of Florida offers a variety of selective internship opportunities for those pursuing education towards Mental Health Counseling, Psychology and Social Work fields Master s degrees. If you intern with Centerstone, we will provide you with the opportunity to learn and practice skills in the areas of needs assessment, client engagement, clinical documentation, and to learn and engage in making community referrals. Students will also have the opportunity to practice their clinical skills in face-to-face counseling sessions with clients in a strengths-based, client-centered behavioral health setting. We work with clients of all ages with a variety of mental health and substance abuse issues.
Our internship opportunities are somewhat flexible but are filled on a FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED basis, and fill quickly at certain times of the year. All interns are expected to work at least 10-15 hours per week minimum, and for a duration of 6 months minimum. Students will receive weekly supervision with a supervisor that meets the credentialing requirements for their specific school.
PAY: $0 No pay or stipend for Student Interns will be provided.
Master s level Currently enrolled in a graduate program for social work, mental health counseling or other related field and has met the college requirements to participate in a practicum/internship. Internship MUST BE REQUIRED by the school in order to graduate. Has a Bachelor's Degree in social work, counseling or other related field. Has a valid Florida Driver s license, if needed.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION: Experience with clients with mental health and/or substance use disorders.
SPECIAL SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES: Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and ability to learn new programs and processes quickly. Possess the ability to ask for help when needed and to accept constructive feedback and instruction. Possess good organizational skills and demonstrate professional writing skills. Ability to meet all training requirements as they are scheduled, which may be outside regular internship days or times.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE:
Participate as a member of a clinical team in assessing clients and determining appropriate treatment interventions.
Engage in case management tasks, outreach services and mentoring.
Conduct initial assessments on new clients and write biopsychosocial assessments.
Write progress notes on client contact and discussions with collateral contacts.
Assist in Discharge and Aftercare Planning.
Formulate a provisional diagnostic assessment based on information presented; identify need and complete risk assessments.
Provide individual, family and group therapy to individuals for mental health and/or substance abuse disorders.
Complete screenings for depression, suicide, drug use, home assessment, etc.
Develop, write, implement, evaluate and revise treatment plans.
Therapeutic Interventions - Learn and implement evidenced based practices.
Referrals Complete, document and follow up on referrals, including collateral contacts.
TIME TYPE:Part time
Delivering Care that Changes People's Lives starts with our employees. As a Centerstone employee there are many perks to enjoy. Below are just some of the great benefits you might be eligible for with Centerstone.
* HEALTH & WELLNESS
* Medical Coverage
* Dental Coverage
* Vision Coverage
* Flexible Spending Account
* Health Savings Account
* Short Term Disability
* Long Term Disability - Company Paid
* Wellness Programs - Company Paid
* FINANCIAL WELLBEING
* Competitive Compensation Packages
* Life Insurance - Company Paid
* Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance - Company Paid
* 403b Retirement Plan with Company Funded Matching
* Retirement and Financial Planning Services
* Employee Discounts including Dell Computers, Verizon Wireless, Liberty Mutual, Costco, and Enterprise Rent-a-Car
* Loan Forgiveness options through federal programs (National Health Service Corps & Public Service Loan Forgiveness)
* You have rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act
* CAREER DEVELOPMENT AND GROWTH
* At Centerstone training is one of our highest priorities. We provide company paid professional training for various skills, certifications, and continuing education
* Tuition Reimbursement (subject to budget and region/state policy)
* Opportunities for growth and movement - We encourage our employees to consider new growth opportunities with us and have a 5 state footprint for those looking to relocate geographically
* Leadership Academy for our rising stars, supervisors, and leaders
* Centerstone Research Institute and Center for Clinical Excellence teach provide staff with industry best practices and processes
* WORK LIFE BALANCE
* Paid Time Off - Generous PTO for Vacations, Illness, Personal Days, Etc. (Paid Holidays)
* Flexible Work Schedules to promote a Healthy Work Life Balance
* Employee Assistance Program - assists employees with personal problems and/or work-related problems that may impact their job performance, health, mental and emotional well-being
Centerstone is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or protected veteran status.