Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Denver, Colorado
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
ROSE MEDICAL CENTER
Well known as a Denver institution and a 9th Avenue landmark for 60 years, Rose Medical Center has earned a reputation as Denver's \\"Baby Hospital\\" while becoming a leader in comprehensive women's services, internal medicine, endoscopy, heart and vascular care, orthopedics and total joint replacement, bariatric surgery, sports medicine and aesthetic surgery. With origins in Jewish teachings, traditions and community, Rose's founders built the hospital to \\"serve the need of every creed.\\" By offering a high level of expertise and service across all disciplines, Rose has truly become a destination hospital, attracting patients from throughout Colorado and around the world.
Rose Medical Center has achieved Magnet recognition as a reflection of its nursing professionalism, teamwork and superiority in patient care. Rose is honored to be recognized by several national organizations, including being rated as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics, one of six hospitals recognized nationwide for Outstanding Nursing Quality by the American Nurses Association and being a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission. At Rose, we take great pride in hiring the best people to provide care for our patients and families.
The Registered Nurse demonstrates knowledge and skills in the care of patients. Each service also requires specialized skills. The delivery of care is based on criteria that is age appropriate and is based on the physical, psychosocial, cultural, safety, and learning needs of the individual patients. The Registered Nurse may be asked to float to areas other than his/her assigned service area, and will perform only those duties for which he/she has demonstrated competency. The Registered Nurse performs delegated duties consistent with the scope of practice and functions within the philosophy and overall plan of care at Rose Medical Center.
Specialized skills for Labor & Delivery/LDPN include:
* Ability to provide the nursing process for low risk and high risk antepartum, intrapartum, and postpartum patients
* Scrub and circulate in the Operating Room for cesarean sections and other surgeries related to OB care
* Provide recovery room care to patients undergoing surgery related to OB care
* Routine care to the healthy newborn
* Ability to institute resuscitation to a compromised newborn
QUALIFICATIONS POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
* Current Colorado Registered Nurse License
* Current BLS Certification
* Current NRP Certification or willingness to become NRP certified within six months of employment.
* Current ACLS Certification or willingness to become ACLS certified within one year of employment.
* Current AWHONN fetal monitoring certification or willingness to become AWHONN certified within one year of employment.
* Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing. BSN is desirable.
* Able to articulate and demonstrate appropriate nursing theory and practice.
* Experience requirements are specific to positions and departments as appropriate.
* Experience preferred for L&D/LDPN include: one year high risk labor & delivery or two years low risk labor & delivery, or enrollment in the RMC Labor & Delivery Course if no L&D experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Demonstrates good organizational skills.
* Provides safe and appropriate patient care within the Standards of Nursing Practice at Rose Medical Center.
* Displays appropriate judgement and problem solving skills. Communicates positively and professionally with all internal and external customers.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.