Posted in Management 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Jose, California
Job TitleAssistant Maintenance Manager
Requisition Primary LocationSan Jose, California
Who Are We?
WASTE CONNECTIONS, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is not only the best waste services company in North America, it is also an amazing place to realize your potential, make decisions, have your voice heard, and partner with extremely hard working and passionate people! We seek servant leaders, mentors, top performers, and fun people. At Waste Connections, we value each individual’s unique background, experience, and passion to make us a great place to work.
Why you need to join us!
• CULTURE: It’s a Great place to work! We work in an environment where empowered, self-directed all-stars know what they do is important.
• INTEGRITY: Our definition is “saying what you will do and then doing it!” We keep our promises to our customers and our employees.
• RESPECT: We show respect for our customers and fellow employees. Respect for ourselves grows through all the hard work and great service we provide to the communities we are privileged to serve.
As a member of our elite Waste Connections Operations team, you will be signing up for a company that is committed to our employee’s long-term career development and success. If you are open to relocation and willing to learn new tasks and challenges, Waste Connections wants you to be part of our Operations team. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in growing with the company and with goals of advancing to higher –level management positions within 1-3 years.
A Day in the Life of an Operations Supervisor:
• Assign and supervise work crews operating solid waste collection equipment.
• Monitors progress of daily operations, and reassigns employees and makes staffing changes as necessary.
• Helps develop and execute safety goals.
• Conducts field inspections and audits of all site personnel to ensure proper work procedures.
• Receives and reviews customer complaints regarding collection programs.
• Performs reviews and performance management discussions.
• Formulates both short-term and long-term goals and action plans for the Hauling Company.
• Oversees a variety of complex compliance programs, including environmental, OSHA, and local permitting.
• Ability to relocate for promotional opportunities based on performance
• Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
• Prior experience in transportation/trucking/logistics required.
• 3+ years of managing in a dynamic, people driven environment
• Have or ability to obtain within 90 days your Class B CDL
• Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and juggle multiple priorities
• Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Excel and related business systems
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, and 401K retirement.
We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans)