Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Salem, Oregon
The primary responsibility of this position is to assist in the day-to-day accounting functions of the facility in accordance with current acceptable accounting and cost reimbursement principles.
* Assist in the establishment and maintenance of an adequate accounting system that reflects the operating cost of the facility, to include resident accounts, census, insurances and insurance coverage.
* Process and verify payment of invoices on a timely basis, and complete adjustments to ensure accounts are reflected correctly.
* Verify voucher reports, remittance advices, checks and journals for the accuracy of each report.
* Monthly billing of Medicare, Medicaid, HMOs, and other insurances.
* Communicate with suppliers/vendors, and monitor and collect accounts receivables, to include daily and weekly follow up.
* Record, post and process daily charge slips and payments received and balance to resident accounts; reconcile accounts at end of month.
* Assist in preparing monthly financial statements and reconciling bank statements.
* Maintain or oversee payroll to include maintenance of employee records, processing time cards, paychecks, computation of federal and state payroll taxes, and miscellaneous deductions as directed.
* Minimum 3 years experience in bookkeeping or accounting practices.
* Experience in a healthcare setting and accounting position preferred.
* Knowledgeable of computers, data entry/retrieval, output, etc.
* Able to examine and verify financial documents and reports.
* Able to prepare financial and other records in a systematic, neat and legible manner.
* Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
* Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience, enthusiasm, and a calm and cheerful environment.
The Avamere Family of Companies takes a holistic approach to post-acute care. We have designed a service that combines all of healthcare companies and healthcare professionals tied by the common goal of providing seamless care and support for all of our patients.
Salem Transitional Care is a brand new 79 bed short term rehab facility offering a private rooms, fine dining, an onsite caf and beauty salon. Both our rehab patients and families can enjoy the sunshine on one of our outdoor patios, or cozy up by one of our fireplaces. Salem Transitional Care is currently seeking top notch talent to join our interdisciplinary team.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Upon hire, all employees will be criminal background checked and DMV checked if driving company vehicles. If you have any questions regarding the employment checks, please contact the human resource department.
The mission of the Avamere Family of Companies is to enhance the life of every person we serve. It is through our Core Values that each member of our Family lives our mission. By putting integrity above all else, our passion for the quality of peoples lives shows in our evidenced-based approaches to achieving the best possible outcomes. We strive for quality that is obvious; the type of quality that is won through hard work and innovation. Our culture of trust and respect is recognized during the first meeting between the families, patients, residents, and our caring staff. As a leader of post-acute care services, the Avamere Family of Companies continually reaches to learn, grow, and embrace change. Ultimately it all comes down to teamwork, camaraderie, and fun!
Avamere full time employee benefits package includes: medical, 401K retirement plan, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, ID theft recovery services, wellness program, and voluntary dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, AD&D coverage, generous Employee Referral program/bonus, plus numerous employee discount programs!
AVAMERE COMPANIES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Application FAQs
Software Powered by iCIMS