Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
You bring your body, mind, heart and spirit to your work as a Patient Access Associate I / Registration Specialist.
You know how to move fast. You know how to stay organized. You know how to have fun.
Youre generous with your thoughts, your partnerships and especially your voice, because your opinion matters.
Youre great at what you do, but you want to be part of something even greater. Because you believe that while individuals can be strong, the right team is invincible.
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization that focuses on person-centered care. Our 286-bed level II trauma center has provided care in Montana and the surrounding area since 1898, and our 30-clinic network ensures community needs are met. We offer comprehensive, specialty care, including a hospital within a hospital specifically for children, and are proud to extend SCL Healths missions by treating the poor, the vulnerable, our community and each other.
Benefits are one of the ways we encourage health for you and your family. Our generous package includes medical, dental and vision coverage. But health is more than a well-working body: it encompasses body, mind and social well-being. To that end, weve launched a Healthy Living program to address your holistic health. Healthy Living includes financial incentives, digital tools, tobacco cessation, classes, counseling and paid time off. We also offer financial wellness tools and retirement planning.
Together well align mission and careers, values and workplace. Well encourage joy and take pride in our integrity.
Well laugh at each others jokes (even the bad ones). Well hello and high five. Well celebrate milestones and acknowledge the value of spirituality in healing.
Were proud of what we know, which includes how much there is to learn.
As a Patient Access Associate I / Registration Specialist, you need to know how to:
* Register patients. Confirm, enter, and/or update all required demographic data on patient and guarantor on registration system. Avoid overlays and duplicate patient medical records. Follow procedures when identifying a patient and applying the patient identification bracelet. Register patients during downtime following downtime procedures and enter data into registration system immediately upon system availability.
* Obtain and explain copies of insurance card(s), forms of ID, and signature(s) on all required forms. Verify information on appropriate accounts to determine insurance coordination of benefits, pre-certification/prior-authorization if not verified by PASC. Complete the Medicare Secondary Payer (MSP) questionnaire when applicable. Verify insurance to determine coordination of benefits and obtain authorization and/or referrals as required. Screen for and process non-covered services and waiver of liability (ABN) through automated screening at time of service.
* Inform self-pay patients of liability due, prepayment requirements and coordinate screening of alternate funding sources if applicable. Prepare estimate of procedures, calculate advance payment requirements on previous or bad debt and current balances. Refer potentially eligible patients to financial counseling and/or contract eligibility vendor(s). Coordinate with clinical areas and other ancillary departments to obtain accurate orders in order to establish patient financial expectations.
* Collect patient payments and provide accurate receipt. Post all payments in system. Reconcile receipts with cash collected and completes required balancing forms. Document patient account notes for all interactions/transactions.
* Maintain departmental and/or individual work queues and reports as required. Explain/answer patient billing inquiries and interpret statement data to resolve accounts. Escalate account issues which cannot be resolved. Update the emergency department room tracking system.
We hire people, not resumes. But we also expect excellence, which is why we require:
* High School Diploma or equivalent, required
* Minimum of one (1) year of experience in the hospitality or service industry, preferred
* Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, required
Your next move.
Now that you know more about being a Patient Access Associate I / Registration Specialist on our team we hope youll join us. At SCL Health youll reaffirm every day how much you love this work, and why you were called to it in the first place.
Our facilities do not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, disability, or age in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in, its programs, services or activities, or on the basis of sex (gender) in health programs and activities