Posted in Other 24 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Dublin, Ohio
L.B. Foster Company, established in 1902, is a leading manufacturer, fabricator, and distributor of products for the transportation, construction, utility, and energy markets with location in North America and Europe. We have been recognized for achievement in manufacturing excellence, financial growth, and our impressive safety record. The corporation owns divisions and subsidiaries that supply products to industries requiring rail and rail accessories; sheet, pipe and H piling; bridge decking and highway products; precast concrete buildings; and threaded and coated pipe. L.B. Foster markets its products worldwide.
At L.B. Foster, our culture reflects our passion for integrity, accountability and safety. This culture is built on the quality of our workforce and a positive attitude toward continuous improvement, working in a safe environment and customer service.
The Operations Field Technician will manufacture, assemble and perform repair service on electro-mechanical components for railway products. Build and test assemblies/sub-assemblies while in a manufacturing and engineering environment. Perform any type of general labor that may be required in support of the local facility.
• Assemble, test complex electromechanical products and/or circuit card assemblies (surface mount and through-hole) using engineering drawings and manufacturing work instructions
• Troubleshoot, repair or rework complex electromechanical assemblies using light assembly and fabrication tools (hand tools, multi-meters, wiring tools, etc.)
• Perform routine maintenance on equipment in defined area
• Work as a team member with peers, engineers, supply chain staff, and management to meet production and engineering design goals
• Work outdoors on railway tracks under a variety of weather conditions
• Responsible for managing personal travel expense account, individual or company-supplied mechanics tools, company-issued credit cards where applicable
Skills, Experience and Education:
• High School Diploma or GED required; trade school certificate or equivalent preferred
• 3-5 years of verifiable assembly experience (electromechanical assembly, wire harnesses and/or circuit card assembly (through hole and surface mount)) in an ISO-9000 and/or AS9100 or similar quality system
• Demonstrated teamwork skills (collaboration, communication, problem solving, listening) in a production environment working with peers and extended team members
• Strong communication (verbal and written) and time management skills required; Experience with Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) preferred.
• Operational experience and previous certifications to J-STD-001(soldering), IPC-610 (acceptability of electronics) Class 2-3, IPC-620(wire harness) and IPC-7711/21. Any of the certifications may apply.
• Radio Frequency (RF) build and test knowledge is a plus
• Knowledge of Machining and or CNC machine operation and programming is a plus.
• Knowledge of Electricity and Electronic fundamentals and primary troubleshooting skills is a plus.
• A high degree of reliability, professionalism and the ability to work independently with minimal supervision are critical attributes for this position
• Must be able to follow and maintain compliance to all safety, corporate and organizational requirements
• Ability to read and understand electronic schematics, engineering drawings, and work instructions
• Strong attention to detail
• Must understand Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) principles and operate under established protocols prevent damage to components
• Must be able to follow assembly instructions to produce complex electromechanical assemblies using tools such as hand tools (wrenches, screwdrivers), torque wrenches, Digital Volt Meter (DVM), manual bench presses and assembly fixtures as required
• Must be able to follow and complete pre-defined test instructions to verify operation and functionality of equipment using complex automated testing equipment such as test stands, thermal chambers, etc.
• Assist engineering and production with product and process improvement initiatives
• Strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to participate as a key team member are required
• Technical writing skills for work report submissions strongly desired
• Valid Driver’s License
• Valid Passport - ability to be issued a Passport
• Travel up to 20%, North & South America, Asia and customer needs require
• Ability to lift up to 100 pounds
• Teamwork/facilitates collaboration
• Customer focus
• Integrity & trust
• Continuous improvement
• Accountability/work ethic
• Attention to detail/time management
• Critical thinking
In return, we offer an opportunity to build a solid career with competitive compensation and a very attractive benefits package, including health care coverage on the first of the month after hire and a market-leading 401(k) program.
If you meet the qualifications and would like to be considered for this position, please apply online at www.lbfosterjobs.com
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
See job description