Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY Responsible for product development, cost reduction, competitive defense, and state-of-the-art improvements to the product line required for future growth in the industry. Supervises the Engineering Department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned)
* Conceptualize, conceive, plan, schedule, and direct the design, and perform other product development activities required to develop and maintain products in the industry.
* Oversee the quotation, initiation, scheduling, and coordination of developmental activities for engineering projects.
* Assure continuing conformance of products to requirements, including but not limited to customer requirements, test requirements, and profitability requirements.
* Research and identify the application, performance and functional requirements for products to assure appropriateness for the intended function in customer acceptable terms.
* Oversees the configuration management of product documentation.
* Maintain currency with respect to technical and supervisory skills by attending training classes, special technical and administration courses; seminars, exhibits and trade shows as needed.
* Insure the development of skills for the members of his department.
* Other assignments as assigned by the C.O.O.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Expertise in engineering design, materials and manufacturing systems.
* Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
* Leadership skills and ability manage staff.
* Use of BaaN ERP system is a plus.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Strong written, verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills.
* Computer skills: MRP system experience, knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
* CIT: Support and promote continuous improvement within the company.
* Bachelor s Degree in Engineering
* 10 years of engineering design experience, including design methods, engineering materials and associated manufacturing systems.
TLD provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, TLD takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics. All recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, and other employment related programs are provided fairly to all persons on an equal opportunity basis without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment decisions are based on the principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.
TLD is committed to ensuring that its online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all candidates, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please contact us at email@example.com. Only messages sent for this purpose will be reviewed.
This is a management position
This is a full time position