Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Elizabeth City, North Carolina
Number of Openings: 1
The Environmental and Science Protection Technician will provide all Technical Support Services required to support USCG ALC Airworthiness Sustainment Programs including aerospace structural, Environmental Management System (EMS) and technical information support of all maintainers/operators of current and future USCG aircraft and related equipment. Specific services include:
* Technical Support
* System Integration Support
* Modification Support
* Field Services Technical Support
* Management Support
* Environmental Science and Protection
Provide management support for environmental programs and the Environmental Management Representative (EMR) involving hazardous materials, including those used in support of USCG aircraft, hazardous and industrial wastes, recyclable materials, air emissions, storm water, waste water, storage tanks, spill prevention, and response and pollution prevention and sustainability.
The Environmental Science and Protection Technician qualification shall have all of the
1) Competence in OSHA Hazard Communication (29 CFR 1910.1200) and OSHA HAZWOPER (29 CFR 1910.120), DOT Hazardous Materials Shipping, EPA regulations as applicable to the RCRA, Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Oil Pollution Act, EMS and pollution prevention techniques.
2) Five (5) years experience working with NCDEQ and federal EPA regulations as they apply to:
* Hazardous materials transportation, storage, handling and usage.
* Hazardous waste handling, storage, transportation and disposal.
* Air quality as relate to emissions from industrial equipment and hazardous
materials. * Waste water, including storm water and industrial waste water.
* Spill prevention and response.
3) Completed no less than one (1) course/class in each of the following environmental topics:
* Hazardous materials
* Hazardous waste
* Air quality
* Pollution prevention
* Water quality
* DOT shipping
* Spill prevention
4) HAZWOPER certified, IAW 29 CFR 1910.120(e)(3).
5) Certified for DOT Hazardous Materials shipping, IAW 49 CFR Subpart H Parts 172.700-172.704.
6) Five (5) years experience with aircraft, associated aircraft support systems and the environmental aspects of aviation repair.
7) Five (5) years experience working with environmental compliance regulations
8) One (1) year experience in ISO 14001-2004/2015 EMS as related to aviation maintenance and able to write non-conformances/non-compliances that identify issues, and to respond to them with a corrective action plan.
EIS is an Equal Opportunity Employer/M/F/V/Disabled.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS