Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Email Me Similar Jobs Email Me This Job
Must have NCCER/NCCCO Advanced Rigger Certification with ironwork experience.
Purpose: Assembles rigging to lift and move equipment or material on construction sites as well as directing and training rigger helpers to do the same.
Level Classification: Multilevel designations indicate levels of proficiency, experience, training, education, certification, tenure and resulting compensation
Work Schedule: Varies by location. Must have open availability any time any day of the week. Length of employment is limited to job assignment and/or project duration.
Essential Skills (may include but are not limited to the ability to)
* Determine number, sizes, shapes and location of reinforcing supports from blueprints, sketches or oral directions.
* Sets up hoisting equipment for raising and placing of structuralsteel members to desired positions.
* Locates needed material or equipment to be moved by lift and secure those materials following safety guidelines.
* Selects cables, ropes, pulleys, winches, blocks, and sheaves, slings, chokers, shackles, according to weight and size of load to be moved.
* Signals to operator where to place equipment and materials throughout project site.
* Able to understand weight limits of various chokers, shackles, pulleys, winches, blocks, and sheaves, and cables, knows crane signals, and able to follow safety codes.
* Read blueprints, drawings or pictures and understand how they would look as solid objects with height, width or depth.
* Visualizes objects in threedimensions from plans and drawings.
* Work with in precise limits and standards of accuracy.
* Follow oral and written directions.
* Work within company policy as outlined in the Lauren Engineers & Constructors Craft Handbook and in compliment with the LEC Human Resources Policy Manual, LEC Safety Manual and OSHA Safety rules..
* Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor as needed.
* Be able to reeve up and demonstrate the proper use of a block using multiple part line configuration (4 part minimum)
* Understand and complete preleft checklists, assist operator with lift plans.
* Three (3) years minimum Field experience in trade
* Ability to work with others to achieve job goals
* Read, write and communicate using English language sufficient to perform job functions (other preferences will be given for special language skills where there is a business need)
* NCCER or NCCCO certified
* Stand or walk for long periods of time
* Use arms and hands to reach for, handle or manipulate objects
* Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds; occasionally lift items weighing more than 50 pounds with assistance
* Climb up and down ladders, scaffolds and other objects
* Stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl
* See well (naturally or with correction)
* Eyehand coordination
* Good physical fitness
* Good sense of balance
* Work at great heights
* 25' Tape Measure
* Adjustable Wrenches (6", 12", 15")
* Spud Wrenches (to 3/4"1 1/4")
* Adjustable Spud Wrench
* Line up Pins
* Utility or Pocket Knife
* Sleever Bar
* 12" Magnetic level
* Plumb Bob with 50' line
* 3lb Hammer
* Sledge Hammer
* Tool Box with Lock
Environment: Construction Workers perform physically demanding work including lifting and carrying heavy objects, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling in awkward positions. Some work at great heights, or outdoors in all weather conditions. Some jobs expose workers to harmful materials or chemicals, fumes, odors, loud noise, or dangerous machinery. Some workers may be exposed to leadbased paint, asbestos, or other hazardous substances during their work especially when working in confined spaces. To avoid injury, workers in these jobs wear safety clothing, such as gloves, hardhats, protective chemical suits, and devices to protect their eyes, respiratory system, or hearing. While working in underground construction, Construction Workers must be especially alert to safely follow procedures and must deal with a variety of hazards.
All offers of employment are contingent upon results of a background check and a preemployment drug screen. Lauren is an equal opportunity employer. Lauren strives to recruit and employ the most qualified personnel and provide equal opportunities for advancement, including promotion and training, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship status, veteran status, and, to the extent provided by law, age, marital status, disability or any other protected class as defined by federal, state or local laws. Lauren is committed to a workplace free from harassment, intimidation, and coercion at all sites and in all facilities where employees are assigned.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws
Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
Equal Polygraph Protection Act (EEPA) Lauren Engineers & Constructors