Posted in Other 21 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: La Porte, Texas
Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people.
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates and calcium chloride. OxyChem's market position is among the top three producers in the United States in 2019 for the principal products it manufactures and markets. Based in Dallas, Texas, the company has manufacturing facilities in the U.S., Canada and Latin America.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Process Supervisor at our Battleground Plant located in La Porte, Texas.
* Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products, as our highest priority.
* Ensure consistency of operation, application of policies/procedures, and accountability across all shifts for employees working in the assigned unit.
* Plan and direct the activities of the process area in a manner that achieves production of quality products in a safe, efficient, and reliable manner.
* Develop new & enhance existing management systems and procedures to quantify and compare operating performance with established standards and assures compliance with such standards.
* Manage reliability priorities and maintenance backlogs for the operating area. Work with planners and lead techs to support maintenance excellence. Work in conjunction with Maintenance to ensure that the maintenance backlog is managed, planned, and scheduled properly.
* Identify capital projects and assist in development of detailed scope as needed for the areas.
* Provide outage planning and support for planned shutdowns. Identify outage timing and scope. Help develop the operations plan for the outage and coordinate with Maintenance on the maintenance plan and cost.
* Assure that raw material and product inventories are in compliance with established minimum-maximum levels, that these materials meet specifications, and are handled in a manner which minimizes degradation or loss. Work to meet the objectives of the business and logistics leaders to establish raw material needs/usage targets, permissible inventory flexibility, production needs, and shipment targets.
* Develop and implement specific projects to improve manufacturing cost performance.
* Provide direction to the process technicians on key parameters, plant operating instructions, preparation of equipment for maintenance, process troubleshooting, operating plans, and safety issues.
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or 5 years of experience in a C/A plant operation with a high school diploma or G.E.D.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with outside vendors and customers as well as various government agencies such as OSHA, EPA, LEPC, etc.
* Must be able to respond to off hour emergencies.
* High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and good working knowledge of SAP.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to read, write and speak in English.
* Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
* Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
* Physical requirements Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status