Posted in Other 17 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Hazleton, Pennsylvania
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery , Otis Spunkmeyer , and Oakrun Farm Bakery . We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 20 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
* Technician 3, FSQA-Bakery - 1st shift
* Food Safety & Quality Assurance (FSQA)
* FSQA Manager
The Technician 3, FSQA-Bakery has the primary responsibility for protecting the food by conducting food safety and quality sampling, testing and maintaining documentation to meet ARYZTA and all regulatory and customer requirements. This position is expected to be fully versed in the ARYZTA Integrated Management System (AIMS). The Technician III, FSQA-Bakery is responsible for the daily selection of food items at specified stages in the manufacturing process for analysis, evaluation of compliance to specifications and to identify possible defects and make real time, accurate decisions that may affect order fulfilment and has the authority to put a "hold" on food based on food safety or quality non-conformance(s).
The Technician III, FSQA-Bakery is responsible for regularly auditing the food, packaging, and labels to ensure all food meets gold standard guidelines or contact appropriate personnel to make necessary adjustments. The Technician III, FSQA-Bakery will also verify established AIMS procedures are followed to eliminate future customer and regulatory complaints. The technician will complete line and bakery inspections. Also required to assist the Bakery Team on all internal observation audits, AIMS Program Gap Assessments, and external audits.
* Understanding of and demonstrates ARYZTA's core values and acts with integrity, takes ownership in their work, proactively identifies the needs of our customers, generates creative and new ideas, and promotes an environment where our people and foods are safe.
* Understanding of the Food Safety and Quality Objectives and Global Food Safety and Quality Policy.
* Verifies all applicable ARYZTA, international, national, state, and local food regulations and complying with the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) standards (i.e. BRC, SQF).
* Ensure that our foods meet ARYZTA's standards and specifications.
* Understanding and identification of non-conforming raw materials, semi-finished and finished foods.
* Report food safety and quality non-conformances and deviations to FSQA Manager. Placing food or equipment on hold physically and in SAP for further evaluation.
* Communicate any human, food or equipment safety concerns to Supervision immediately.
* Support the Hazard Analysis & Risk-Based Preventive Controls Food Safety Team in the implementation of an effective Food Safety plan focused on the elimination of biological, chemical, physical and economically motivated hazards from our foods.
* Complete sensory, physical, and packaging evaluations on finished food and report the results to bakery management.
* Conduct sampling, testing, and documentation of the ARYZTA Integrated Management System (AIMS), including procedures and records.
* Understanding and verification of 21 CFR 117 Subpart B Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), basic understanding of 21 CRF 117 Subpart C Preventive Controls, Prerequisite and Preventive Control Programs and Critical Control Points (HACCP).
* Performs pre-operational inspections and report any inadequacies to FSQA Manager.
* Participate in physical bakery observation audit inspections on a weekly basis.
* Verify proper receiving and shipping procedures are followed by warehouse team(s) and can be called to investigate non-conformance of raw materials. Any deviations shall be reported to the FSQA Management.
* Participates in the Environmental Monitoring Programs (i.e. collecting swab samples, using the ATP system)
* Participates in the planning and implementation of new equipment and/or processes
* Verify finished food case labels are accurate
* Understanding of the Food Safety Flow Diagram as outlined in AIMS 7.0 HACCP Food Safety and Preventive Control Program and verification that manufacturing is adhering to CCP monitoring checks.
* Trained as Qualified Individual for the verification of key Preventive control and CCP records.
* Verification of the Manufacturing and visual aids.
* Basic training and understanding of SPC and QCP checks recorded in MII, including the quality dashboard for those Bakery locations using MII.
* Proficient with trend reviews and implementation or follow-through of corrective actions, as needed.
* Trained in and verification of AIMS Net Weight Policy and MAV limits.
* Verification of lot traceability, how packaging and raw ingredients are coded, coding of finished foods, and recipe verification against the manufacturing specification.
* Verification of AIMS Document Control and Record Completion Procedures.
* Verification of AIMS Programs (i.e. 8.0 GMP, Hygiene and Personnel Practices Program, 19.0 Allergen Control and Preventive Control Program, 11.0 Non-conformance Program).
* Verification of Cross traffic (Raw to RTE) is controlled. Designated walkways are being used as control measures as outlined in Access and Movement of Personnel. Traffic plans and zoning maps are followed by all employees, management, visitors, and contractors.
* Effective Completion of required AIMS and Alchemy training as outlined in the FSQA Training Curriculum Map and ARYZTA Cares Training Calendar.
* Assists with the training (shadowing) and support of FSQA Technician I and II.
* Participation in New foods or trials, assist in data collection and sample evaluation.
ARYZTA is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (AA/EOE)