Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Moonachie, New Jersey
The Jr. business systems analyst is a technology resource that will work with the appropriate business systems analyst or account manager to support specific business analysis and requirement needs. S/he is responsible for writing functional business requirements that are validated by the business and accepted by IT engineering teams. S/he collaborates and verifies requirements, use cases, design specifications, business process changes developed in conjunction with business SME s, Product Support Specialist, IT Business Systems Analysts and IT Account Managers. The Jr. business systems analyst will also validate the delivery of functional requirements as required as part of a highly collaborative team, the role will interact with many technical and business resources across the enterprise. The ideal candidate is a committed, creative, self-motivated FlightSafety Teammate who is interested in practicing his or her skills and learning new ones, specifically around improving process and applications to support FlightSafety s growing technology.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Assist business unit leaders with business case definition and ensuring that business case is accurate, complete and meets organizational objectives
* Responsible for the development of business requirements, use cases, and business process models
* Quantify and validate requirements with business SME s, Product Managers and Technical team as assigned
* Assist in the development of documentation, test cases, logic, process flows and specifications.
* Troubleshoot escalated issues from Level 1 Support, ie. Power users from within the business units and assist with determining if user error, bug or enhancement
* For defects that require escalation to technical team: Replicate in QA environment, document specific details and conditions for the issue, enter in IT system(s) with all required details and work with assigned QA engineer as needed
* Contribute on training plan for all Teammates for major enhancements and/or significant changes to system with collaboration with Business SME, IT Account Manager and/or Product Manager as directed.
* Contribute on UAT including but not limited to creating comprehensive test plan, scheduling UAT sessions, organizing and documenting results, and communication of findings
* Coordinate business UAT for all bug fix validation and minor enhancement for each release, including but not limited to creating test cases, scheduling UAT sessions, organizing and documenting results, and communication of findings back to the scrum master
* Collaborate with scrum master in requirements definition during backlog grooming
* Support account manager with solution review to business unit leaders
* Provide input to business cases based on business knowledge
* Collaborate on user manuals to describe new product or project deliverables.
* Collaborate with IT Account Management, and IT Product Management and business teams to ensure solution compatibility with company standards.
Specific Experience, Education and Skills
* Excellent listening and storytelling abilities.
* Special emphasis in the area of systems validation including developing business validation plans, user acceptance test plans and test cases preferred.
* Associates or Bachelor's Degree preferably in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Business Administration.
* Exemplary written and verbal communications skills
* Minimum of three years related work experience in the business processes or products supporting one or more FlightSafety Business Units.
* Experience interacting with application development teams using agile development methodology preferred.
* Possess strong analytical skills, including an understanding of business process and data.
* Exhibit and practice courteous, ethical and professional behavior while interacting with both internal and external customers
* Act in a collaborative, team-oriented environment focused on common goals to achieve mutually beneficial results
* Be accountable and responsible for the accuracy and completeness of assigned work and results
* Prioritize and manage work load and communicate issues clearly
* Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong organizational skills
* Comply with all laws, regulations and company policies
* Travel when required
* Strategic thinking and planning
* Operational execution excellence
* Problem solving
* Performance driven
* Public speaking
* Current location with possible home office dependent on applicant
FlightSafety is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disabled.