Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Elderwood Village at Bassett Park is seeking a Memory Care Coordinator (LPN) to join our growing team.
Memory Care Coordinator (LPN) Position Overview:
* The Memory Care Coordinator plans, coordinates and facilitates a calendar of dementia friendly programs that meet specific needs of each and all residents within the dementia care community. Provides person centered life enrichment programs while engaging residents in meaningful and purposeful program within the community enhancing their quality of life. The Memory Care Coordinator is responsible for input and completion of daily memory care calendar, resident participation reviews, daily attendance forms, and monthly progress reports.
* Full Time Opportunity
More info regarding the shift will be discussed during interview.
Memory Care Coordinator (LPN) Duties:
* Leads programs with the residents daily and coordinates the programming assignments of associates, volunteers and entertainment.
* Designs a 7 day a week program that is exciting, creative and engaging that meets the needs and interests of the individual residents.
* Completes program documentation, as required by Elderwood standards and state requirements
* Communicates positively with the residents, families and community professionals regarding the program and its benefits.
* Communicates with families regarding residents personal needs and successes.
* Reports changes in residents overhaul health including changes in behavior
* Responsible for responding immediately to residents' needs and requests.
Memory Care Coordinator (LPN) Qualifications:
* Credentials of a Licensed Practical Nurse with a current State license required.
* Dementia Care experience is preferred
* At least two years of supervisory experience and additional training and experience commensurate with the size of the facility and responsibilities of the position required.
* Geriatric nursing training preferred.
* Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing, utilize creative problem solving, and handle problems diplomatically required.
* Exhibits characteristics of effective managerial leadership skills. These characteristics should include: desire for improvement; builder of trust; creating an environment where staff can experience pride. Their efforts are directed at allowing each worker to perform his or her own work and performing in a manner consistent with the aims and standards of the organization.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.