Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
At Jabil, we empower the brands who empower the world – it’s our reason for being and the guiding force that’s driving us to become the most technologically advanced manufacturing solutions provider on the planet. Whether we’re serving one of the world’s biggest and best known brands or the coolest tech startups, our resolve never wavers. We share common desires with these brands: to make the world a better, safer and cleaner place.
Develops and implements quality plans, programs, and procedures using quality control statistics, lean manufacturing concepts, and analyses. Ensures that performance and product quality conform to established company, customer and regulatory requirements. Reviews, analyzes and reports on quality discrepancies related to assembly and process. Investigates problems and robust solutions to eliminate issues. Interfaces with manufacturing, engineering, customer, vendor and subcontractor representatives to ensure requirements are met.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Leads the development, modification, and maintenance of quality evaluation and control plans and protocols for processing materials into partially finished or finished products.
· Leads the development and implementation of methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and production equipment.
· Leads the design and analysis of inspection and testing processes, mechanisms and equipment; conducts quality assurance tests; and performs statistical analysis to assess the cost of and determine responsibility for, products or materials that do not meet required standards and specifications.
· Audits quality systems for deficiency identification and correction.
· Ensures that corrective measures meet acceptable reliability standards and that documentation is complete and compliant with requirements.
· Assists in the process for ensuring that corrective actions (CAPA) are completed in accordance with relevant ISO requirements (ISO 9001), Advance Problem Solving methods, and that documentation is complete and compliant with requirements.
· May provide direction and mentoring to less experienced QA Engineers.
· Demonstrated competence in Quality Engineering body of knowledge.
· Writes, reviews, approves process validations/qualifications in accordance with Jabil and customer requirements.
· May manage the internal, customer, and third party quality audits.
· Support all company safety and quality programs and initiatives.
· May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
· Experience with a proven track record of implementing appropriate risk mitigation, waste reduction and process improvement projects is required.
· Technical training and experience using Statistics, Lean and Six Sigma Methodologies is required including Measurement System Analysis, SPC, DOEs, Reliability, etc.
· Strong working knowledge of statistical software packages is preferred with the ability to preview, graph and analyze data and be able to present data that facilitates/drives decision making.
· The ability to perform "hands on" troubleshooting and problem solving is required.
· The ability to think on your feet and providing sound judgment is highly desired.
· Understanding of the NPI (New Product Introduction) process and Process Validation expertise is preferred.
· Strong mentoring, coaching and leadership skills are preferred.
· Experience in supervising and directing the work of others is preferred.
· Demonstrated project management and project leadership abilities are required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Engineering or related technical field.
· Generally requires 7-10 years related experience including 1-2 years supervisory experience.
Jabil, including its subsidiaries, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.