Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
POSITION: Business Analyst-10431
JOB ID: 4059-RCAT-4
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Optimal Solutions & Technologies (OST, Inc.) is focused on excellence. We specialize in providing Management Consulting, Information Technology, and Research Development and Engineering services. OST is one of an elite set of companies worldwide to be externally appraised CMMI Level 5.
The fundamental distinction of the OST team is its business knowledge in both the public and private sectors. We serve the aerospace & transportation, association & nonprofit, defense, education, energy, financial, healthcare, and technology & telecommunications industries. OST is successful because we listen to our clients, we learn from our clients, and we know our clients.
ENGAGEMENT LENGTH IN MONTHS:
WHAT ARE THE DAILY WORK HOURS*
WHERE IS THE PHYSICAL WORK OFFICE LOCATED*
40 North Pearl St, Albany, NY 12043
DESCRIPTION OF SPECIFIC DUTIES IN A TYPICAL WORKDAY FOR THIS POSITION:
The Business Analyst will work closely with agency business staff, stakeholders and the project team to refine and develop requirements for the Shelter Management System and its associated business processes. The candidate will participate in all aspects of system development, including business process and system analysis, creation of new functional designs, creation and execution of user test plans and system deployment activities. The Business Analyst also assist in the effort to develop, communicate, and maintain methodologies and standards to promote a consistent approach to business analysis throughout the Project and in supporting/maintaining the new System.
The candidate of this position will be responsible for, but not limited to:
* Elicit business requirements and document business systems activities: defines the business needs, assesses capability gaps of existing solutions and determines solution approaches to meeting business needs (e.g., business case, fit-gap analysis document, or functional specification);
* Assist in prioritizing and organizing requirements. Communicates business process requirements to IT staff, program staff and stakeholders (e.g., business process flows, fit-gap analysis, or functional designs);
* Validates that proposed solutions meet business needs; evaluates the outcome of system testing; confirms that the results are consistent with the system or business process specifications (develops test scenarios, scripts, and data; reviews test results; and assesses the implementation of appropriate solutions to ensure they perform to the required specifications and are capable of achieving the design capabilities);
* Plans the BA approach/activities: Analyzes the impact of change to IT system requirements or business processes and evaluates project timelines and priorities;
* Encourages stakeholders to resolve issues with design specifications before implementation;
* Mentors state staff and new BA s
* Establishes, monitors and ensures that project goals/objectives are met; managing daily work/priorities.
* 7 years of experience writing, analyzing detailed business requirement documents and use cases.
* 7 years of experience creating use case diagrams and activity diagrams using UML techniques and Microsoft Visio.
* 7 years of experience designing and developing Graphical User Interface (GUI) for a large-scale(1000+ users) system development project.
* 7 years of experience organizing Joint Application Development sessions, presenting system documents to developers and users.
* 7 years of experience in testing software modules using Team Foundation Server for logging defects and working with users for user acceptance testing, writing test plan, test cases and test scenarios.
* 7 years of experience working independently and providing direction and training to other members of the team.
* 1 year of experience eliciting business requirements related to social service programs (for example, Food Stamps, Medicaid, HEAP, TANF, Housing).
* A bachelor's degree
OST is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, religion, gender, native origin, age, disability, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.