Posted in Other 26 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
TRISTAR GREENVIEW REGIONAL HOSPITAL - BOWLING GREEN, KY
Long-established as an important part of Southern Kentucky, TriStar Greenview Regional Hospital is a Joint Commission-accredited, 211-bed hospital located in Bowling Green, Kentucky. TriStar Greenview offers services like an expanded Emergency Department, Cardiac Cath Lab, accredited Chest Pain Center, Advance Primary Stroke Center, and an Orthopaedics program featuring Blue Distinction(R) designation for hip and knee replacement.
TRISTAR GREENVIEW REGIONAL HOSPITAL is currently looking for a SPECIAL PROCEDURES TECHNICIAN IN THE CARDIAC CATH LAB (FULL-TIME).
The Special Procedure Technologist performs a variety of technical procedures that require rational independent judgment, ingenuity, and initiative in performing standard examinations in the diagnosis and treatment of disease, along with Cardiac Cath Procedures. They Identify cultural differences and incorporates into care. Utilizes translation services when indicated. Performs scrub responsibilities during procedures. Monitors patient hemodynamics, including basic EKG recognition, and effectively communicates pertinent information to appropriate individuals. Keeps accurate and complete documentation of all patient care related information. Assists with pre and post procedure duties. Performs and assists with sheath removal. Participates in performance improvement activities to assure continuous quality improvement. Provides care and coordinates participation that fosters the goals of the hospital's mission statement. Cares for Pediatrics (1 - 17 years) Adults (18 - 79 years) Elderly (80+ years).
The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
* Positions patients and adjusts immobilization devices.
* Explains procedures to patients and addresses concerns.
* Moves x-ray equipment into specified position and adjusts equipment controls to set exposure factors such as ma, kvp, time and distance.
* Operates mobile x-ray equipment in operating room, emergency department, or at patient's bedside.
* Scrubs and assists Radiologists/Cardiologist in procedural or surgical setting.
* Maintains and calibrates equipment.
* Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
* Assists with transporting patients.
* Supervises, plans, and reviews the work of technical staff in multiple imaging sections on a daily basis. (Serves as department coordinator when needed)
* Trains, orients and mentors staff members.
* Provides safe environment for administering of contrast material.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
* Provides a safe environment for patient, visitor and employees through identifying/correcting/reporting health and safety hazards.
* Graduate of an accredited program for Radiography with an Associate's degree or equivalent
* RT (R) (ARRT) with Current Kentucky Licensure
* If (CI) registry eligible must obtain registry within 18 months of start date. If required amount of exams are not available, an extension of 6 months may be given per Director's approval
* BLS is required, ACLS is preferred
* Minimum one year post graduate experience preferred
* Customer service abilities including effective listening skills
* Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.