Posted in Other 28 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
Located in central Austin, St. David's Medical Center includes a 350-bed acute care hospital and a 64- bed rehabilitation hospital providing comprehensive inpatient and outpatient care. It is home to the internationally renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St. David's Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The hospital provides a complete range of women's services, including its acclaimed maternity unit, maternal-fetal medicine, a high-risk maternal and neonatal transport team, the region's largest and most sophisticated Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and The Breast Center; complex surgical services; a comprehensive Bariatric Surgery Center; and a 24-hour emergency department.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Coordinates AP processing between facility and shared service center. Prepares reconciliations, provides clerical support, compiles and processes financial information for St. David's Medical Center under the direct supervision of the Accounting Manager.
Coordinates accounts payable processing of non- PO invoices with the Centralized Supply Chain Service Center.
* Receive all non-PO invoices for the facility daily.
* Review invoices to determine authorization needed and send to the appropriate department.
* Review authorized and coded invoices received from the departments to determine if authorization is in accordance with the authorization policy and the general ledger coding is in accordance with the chart of accounts.
* Coordinate daily packages to the CSC to send authorized invoices to be processed.
* Review the electronic Centralized mailbox daily for non -PO invoices that were received by the CSC that need approval and coding. Review the invoice and route the Audit Stamp to the appropriate Department Director based on the review.
* Prepare manual AP checks as needed.
Compiles and processes assigned accounting transactions during month end close process.
* Prepares all assigned journal entries within department deadlines.
* Ensure that each journal entry prepared is properly supported.
* Ensure each entry is entered into GL system within department deadlines.
* Inputs departmental stats in HOST by department deadlines.
* Review Standard Journal Entry Checklist to ensure completion and all entries are posted. Prepare listing for CFO and Controller to sign on the 10th each month in accordance with SOX control 19.
* Files all journal entries after month end close. Review each journal entry to ensure appropriate level of approval was obtained and that signature and date are indicated as required in SOX control 20.
Maintains assigned subsidiary records to support general ledger control account balances and prepares reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts assigned on a monthly basis.
* Details supporting schedules are updated and reconciled monthly.
* Reconciles asset and liability accounts to ensure accurate balances.
* Reconciling items are cleared timely, 30 days or less.
* Accumulate monetary adjustments approvals from each director each pay period. Ensure an approval is obtained for each monetary adjustment.
* Receive payroll checks every Payroll Thursday and prepare for distribution.
* Distribute payroll checks every Payroll Friday as assigned.
* Perform any duties required to process shared and/or borrowed employees.
* Log checks not picked up and mail to employees.
Prepares assigned schedules or reports as requested by manager or director.
* Prepares audit schedules as needed.
* Prepares tax schedules as needed.
* Prepares budget schedules as needed.
* Prepares special project reports as needed.
Office Coordinator Duties.
* Coordinates all records retrievals from offsite storage for the department. Coordinates boxing of current records for department.
* Responsible for maintaining an accurate listing of all boxes located in offsite storage.
* Ensures the department is in compliance with HCA Records Retention policy.
* Responsible for ordering supplies for the department and ensuring cost and need are considered with every purchase.
* Assist Controller with filing of month end reports and budget reports and other assistance as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED 1-3 years of related experience
2 years of healthcare accounting experience and accounts payable experience
High school graduate/equivalent
2 years or more of college level accounting and business related courses
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.