AkzoNobel has a passion for paint. We're experts in the proud craft of making paints and coatings, setting the standard in color and protection since 1792. Our world class portfolio of brands - including Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon - is trusted by customers around the globe. Headquartered in the Netherlands, we are active in over 150 countries and employ around 34,500 talented people who are passionate about delivering the high-performance products and services our customers expect.
Hours: Are generally Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. with occasional additional hours and weekend work as needed.
The Production Lead is responsible for supervising daily activities of the production workforce and administering policies and procedures relative to employment, safety, inventory, manufacturing of coatings, packaging and shipping.
Supervises work quality and quantity as well as provides training to their assigned team.
1. Leads team meetings and directs daily activities of their production team in accordance with Safety policy, Quality principals, and production schedules
2. Assists in any phase of the operation when necessary such as, Q.C. tinting, batch making, fill off, maintenance, etc.
3. Administers and enforces company safety rules. 4. Has working knowledge off safety investigations, near miss reporting, hazard identification, data gathering, and risk assessments. 5. Needs a working knowledge of our quality policies, and promotes teamwork.
6. Maintains a clean environment (5S) in the plant and supervises all phases of our ALPS program
7. Works closely with Production Supervisor in plant and personnel organization, in developing better production methods and in cost reduction. 8. Enforce standards of performance, check progress, regulate interdepartmental workflow, analyze delays and take remedial action as needed.
9. Interpret, enforce and clarify rules, regulations and general policies.
10. Responsible for maintaining production schedules and quality of work; planning and assigning duties; managing overtime; training employees; performance appraisals; and corrective actions.
Secondary Functions 1. Involved in company continuous improvement program. 2. Assists with inventory control. 3. Other duties as assigned.
Specific Job Skills
Skills necessary for this position include: Excellent organizational skills Exceptional oral, written and presentation communication skills Must project leadership capabilities with a positive attitude Must be self-motivated and directed Ability to take orders and delegate job assignments High standards for performance and integrity Basic computer skills Mechanical aptitude Ability to keep accurate, legible records Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with people
Occasional lifting of 50-70 pounds; possess physical dexterity to perform job.
High school graduate or equivalent.
Strong basic math skills and specialized work knowledge required.
Must be familiar with all phases of industrial coatings manufacturing.
Prefer to have at least 3 - 5years experience working for a paint and coatings manufacturer.
Some batchmaking experience required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.