Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT PUBLIC RELATIONS AND COMMUNICATIONS, FULL-TIME
HCA EAST FLORIDA DIVISION
FORT LAUDERDALE, FL
At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to delivering patient-centered healthcare for the good of all people, regardless of circumstance. We stand for the best practices of medicine, using our reach, scale and stability to transform healthcare and help communities thrive. Founded in 1968 and headquartered in Nashville, HCA Healthcare has grown into one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services. We are comprised of locally managed facilities that include 185 hospitals and 119 freestanding surgery centers located in 21 U.S. states and in the United Kingdom. In the sunshine state of Florida, our East Florida Division is comprised of 14 hospitals and more than 18,000 of our neighbors, friends and colleagues working together to improve the health and quality of life for residents in the communities we serve.
Historically HCA has been named one of Ethisphere's World's Most Ethical Companies. We invite you to learn more about who we are and how you can be a part of our dynamic team!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program, and student loan repayment.
JOB SUMMARY: Reporting to the Division VP of Marketing, the DIVISION ASSISTANT VICE PRESIDENT (AVP) OF PR AND COMMUNICATIONS will ensure the Corporate Communications strategy is reflected across the Division, including scaling the HCA Healthcare story across the operating markets and emphasizing the value of HCA Healthcare to internal and external audiences. S/he will oversee the development, implementation and execution of a Division-wide PR and Communications strategy that aligns to the HCA Enterprise PR and Communications strategy, as well as advance local and market PR and Communications objectives.
* Lead, execute and sustain a multi-year, multi-channel strategy to bring the HCA Healthcare story to life in the Division and markets with a cascading plan for disseminating consistent enterprise core message and proof points
* Structure and integrate an earned media strategy that aligns to overarching marketing and growth strategies of each Market to promote the local market brand and create a consistent relation to the HCA Healthcare enterprise brand.
* Lead communications working groups in the development and execution of internal communications initiatives and programs on behalf of executive leadership such as organizational changes and new or existing campaigns
* Supports execution of internal communications for key stakeholder and influencer audiences (including but not limited to Internal Newsletters, Town Halls, Leadership Forums, External Thought Leadership). Ensures appropriate messaging based on internal stakeholder requirements.
* Develops necessary internal and external communications messages, press releases, or collateral
* Serves as spokesperson, when applicable, for high visibility public relations issues, events and initiatives. Steps in to support local public relations issues, as needed.
* Partner with the Corporate and Division communications teams to focus on the following key audiences: Government Relations, Payor Relations, Physicians, Colleagues, Nurses, Crisis Communications, Acquisitions and internal communications.
* Collaborate with corporate communications, division leadership, and other stakeholders (including, but not limited to, Human Resources, Government Relations, Payor Relations, Clinical Services, Physician Services, and Information Technology) to effectively cascade communication and key messages to colleagues within the Division and its markets.
* Collaborates with both Division and senior facility leaders to design and implement targeted public awareness campaigns, strategic media relations and crisis communications.
* Builds strong relationships with regional and digital media outlets, including relationships with key media personnel.
* Establish a framework for measurement of PR, Earned Media, and owned communications efforts.
* Documents a crisis communication strategy for the Division in line with crisis communications best practices and in alignment with the corporate crisis communication plan/policies. Localizes crisis communications strategies to facility team members for local implementation.
* Consults and leads best practice sharing across Division.
* Support and promote the HCA Healthcare brand purpose and ensure adherence/alignment of communications messaging and content with existing brand standards.
* Bachelor's degree required (preference for public relations, journalism, communication, marketing, business or related field); Master's degree strongly preferred
* 10+ years in marketing and public relations strategy development and implementation in a hospital or healthcare delivery system
* 3+ years in a leadership role
* Extensive Director-level or above experience managing clients and key stakeholders at multiple levels and from multiple areas.
* Experience in crisis management and communications
* Ability to travel within the Division
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.