Posted in Transportation 30+ days ago.
Every day offers a change of scenery when you drive for G&J Pepsi. Enjoy the independence of the road while you are out in the community serving our customers. Our deliveries are the heartbeat of our business; drivers deliver pre-sold products to assigned account lists. After 10 hours on the road, you’re rewarded with sleeping in your own bed at night.
Over-The-Road Drivers serve our internal customers by delivering products and raw materials to other Pepsi facilities (e.g. production facilities, warehouses) according to established standards in order to meet production and sales demands.
Schedule: Candidate must have flexible availability. However, candidates must be able to work overtime due to business needs.
• Delivers all products and materials to Pepsi locations according to established standards.
• Maintains a good working relationship with: customers; account and area managers at Pepsi; and other internal employees at Pepsi (e.g. warehouse employees).
• Adheres to all company policies, standards and procedures (e.g. OSHA and safety requirements, AIB and Pepsi standards, Federal/State/Local laws); wears all required personal protective equipment.
• Communicates with Pepsi management team on issues regarding deliveries to other locations.
• Complies with all DOT requirements (e.g. pre and post-trip inspections on vehicles and trailers).
• Trains other employees to perform the Over the Road job duties according to established standards
• Performs other warehouse duties as needed (e.g. using forklifts, rider pallet jacks, reach trucks to stock product, general warehouse cleaning) according to established standards.
• Maintains and completes required paperwork (e.g. DOT logs, mileage logs, time-off requests, shipping and receiving documents); maintains confidentiality of product pricing and other sensitive information.
• Works assigned schedule, exhibits regular and predictable attendance and works overtime as required to meet workload demands. Performs other related duties as required.
Education: High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) required.
Experience: 6-12 months of previous delivery experience
Certifications & Licenses: Valid Class A Commercial Drivers License. Employee must be insurable to operate a vehicle, as a condition of initial and continued employment.
Other Requirements: Knowledge of: DOT safety regulations; beverage industry; retail sales environment; product line;Skill in: internal and external customer service in a variety of settings. Ability to: work quickly, independently and efficiently without direct supervision; solve problems; adapt to changing tasks and priorities; read (e.g. diagrams and maps) and write; perform basic math functions (e.g. addition, subtraction); communicate effectively with customers and other employees, relate to customers and other employees and develop good working relationships; be trained on a pallet jack, straddle stacker, hand held computer and printer and other mechanical equipment; drive a combination vehicle, accurately count order being delivered; lift heavy product repetitively. Other functions, skills and abilities may also apply.
G&J Pepsi provides benefits-eligible employees with a comprehensive benefits and perks package that goes well beyond the number you see in your paycheck. From sponsored medical and income protection coverage to a generous retirement plan and great entertainment and retail discounts, G&J believes in rewarding its hard-working employees for their contributions toward the company’s success.
Ending tagline (EEOC):
Diversity has power. It’s an investment in our present and our future. That’s why we celebrate and respect the rich culture and differences of our employees, customers, business partners, and communities we serve.
At G&J Pepsi, employment decisions are made without regard to: race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.