Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
Location: Union Club Hotel at Purdue
Provides guests with friendly enthusiastic, yet professional and timely service when preparing quality beverages and products, and maintaining a clean and comfortable environment.
• Provide the highest quality of service to the guest at all times and anticipates customer needs by constantly evaluating environment and customer cues.
• Maintains a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep standards.
• Acts with integrity, honesty and knowledge that promote our culture, values and mission.
• Be knowledgeable of all menu items, and stay current on daily/month/seasonal specials, new menu items and specifications including proper preparation.
• Maintains a clean and organized workspace so that partners con locate resources and product as needed.
• Ensures product availability and consistency, and assist with ordering when needed.
• Assists with new associates training by positively reinforcing successful performance and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
• Completes daily checklist, including set-up side work and closing duties.
• Follow hotel's brand standards.
• Comply with hotel and department accounting procedures.
• Ensure security and confidentiality of all guest and hotel information and materials
• Follow METS guidelines to report equipment malfunction and maintenance issues.
• Report unsafe conditions and suspicious activity to Loss Prevention/Management.
• Know and live the mission and the White Lodging/brand basics.
• Customer Focus
• Positive and Energetic
• Time Management
• Team Player
• Strong time management and organizational skills
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Experienced and comfortable with working busy shifts
• Friendly, outgoing and dedicated to outstanding customer service
• Tidy and self-disciplined
• Detailed-oriented and passionate about product quality
• Proficient in math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division)
• High School Diploma/GED
• Six (6) months of experience in a position that required constant interacting with and fulfilling the requests of customers
• Cash handling experience preferred
• Regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear
• Frequently required to use hand to finger motions, handle or feel objects, reach with hands and arms.
• Regularly required to lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds
• Must be able to adjust vision to both day and night lighting, and able to focus on distant and close-range objects
• Regularly required to handle food and hot beverages