Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA has been recognized as a WORLD'S MOST ADMIRED COMPANY in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by FORTUNE MAGAZINE. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130+ surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO NIGHTS, NO WEEKENDS, OR ON-CALL will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team! Video- ASD RN
A FEW OF THE BENEFITS WE PROVIDE YOU:
* Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Repayment Program
Full Medical, Dental, Life, Disability and Vision Insurance
401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
New Extended Family Leave and PTO
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
Employee Discount Program
* Demonstrates necessary practical, technical, or specialized skills required for the role of the peri-operative nurse in accordance with AORN and other regulatory standards of practice.
* Demonstrates knowledge of surgical procedures and has the ability to oversee the instrument and equipment set-up, prepare for the case utilizing preference cards, and anticipates needs of surgeon.
* Coordinates and oversees the room during a case as the circulator.
* Demonstrates knowledge of management of patient, including: being available to anesthesia during intubation and extubation, assisting as needed in sudden changes in patient condition and being readily available to assist as directed.
* Performs thorough patient interview and assessment in accordance with procedure and assures an appropriate, detailed time out process is done according to policy.
* Consistently reviews charts for completeness, in accordance with documentation protocols prior to and after the surgical procedure. Assures appropriate consent, H/P, diagnostic reports, and relevant information are on chart prior to the start of procedure.
* Prepares and administers medications in accordance with current practice (i.e. review physician orders, pre-op antibiotics, preparing/labeling medications on/off field, utilizing the 7 medication rights, identifying high alert medications, conducting independent double checks when indicated, and narcotic waste, etc.). Assures only licensed personnel administer medications.
* Relays appropriate hand off communication to PACU staff to ensure continuity of care.
* Participates in the anesthesia time-out process if performed in the pre-op area prior to administration of pre-operative blocks or prior to the induction of anesthesia.
* Nursing Diploma
* Minimum 2 years experience in an operating room setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center.
* Active RN license as required by state of employment or appropriate compact licensure
* Valid BCLS Certification upon employment. ***online certification not acceptable.
* ACLS as required by facility.
* CNOR certification preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.