Posted in Other 29 days ago.
Type: Full Time
WE ARE HIRING
Medical Lab Scientist (MLS) - General Lab Anc 001 - PRN, Day - Sacred Heart Hospital Pensacola - Pensacola, FL
WHY JOIN ASCENSION?
Ascension Sacred Heart is a faith-based health system that provides a network of hospitals, outpatient health centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and a variety of other health services to communities in South Alabama and across Northwest Florida. The health system includes the 566-bed Ascension Sacred Heart Hospital in Pensacola and the Studer Family Children s Hospital at Sacred Heart, the region's only facility specializing in the care of children. Major regional services based in Pensacola also include the Heart and Vascular Institute, the area's leading Stroke Center, a Level II Trauma Center, and a Cancer Center affiliated with MD Anderson Cancer Network. In 2003, Ascension Sacred Heart opened its Emerald Coast hospital, a 76-bed community hospital in Walton County, near Destin, Fla. Ascension Sacred Heart also includes a 75-bed hospital in Panama City where services include a Level II trauma center and advanced cardiovascular care, as well as a 19-bed community hospital in Port St. Joe, FL, that serves Gulf and Franklin counties.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As an Associate with Sacred Heart Health System-FL, you will have the opportunity to perform routine diagnostic and analytic testing of laboratory specimens independently.
* Performs, validates, interprets, documents and reports laboratory test results. May collect and process specimens.
* Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting. Executes and evaluates quality control and quality assurance procedures. Documents and reports as required by regulatory agencies.
* Understands and participates in all aspects of clinical laboratory testing; pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical. Anticipates and maintains required supplies for uninterrupted testing.
* Assists with data collection or special projects as assigned.
* Assists in documentation, evaluation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staffstatistics/reports.
* Assists in training and mentoring MLTs, new associates and students.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
* Required Credential(s):
* Clinical Laboratory Technologist credentialed from the Florida Board of Clinical Laboratory Personnel