Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Care Manager Registered Nurse
The Senior Living Care Manager will support resident care coordination with physicians and other care partners. This is a great opportunity to advance your career with a nationally recognized industry leader. Brookdale offers health/dental/vision benefits, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement and commuter benefits. We also offer a 401(k) plan with company match and many perks like associate recognition programs. Plus, Brookdale has a focus on career development!
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of our associates, so you ll receive competitive compensation and a benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile. The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you ll earn more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health, financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something bigger than yourself.
Registered Nurse RN licensure required.
The Care Manager identifies, coordinates, and implements services necessary to improve resident s quality of life and to achieve an optimum level of wellness. Works in collaboration with primary and specialty care providers to develop resident-specific care plans, coordinates medically necessary services and the delivery of care to ensure compliance with established care plans. Serves as resident advocate and assists in identification and continuous improvement of service delivery (e.g. identifying and closing gaps in care, etc.). Understands key interventions and care protocols required to treat residents in place as appropriate. Responsible for tracking population and other healthcare indicators. Assesses healthcare needs and identifies community and external resources as needed. Communicates with managed care coordinators, insurance providers and external healthcare professionals regarding resident needs, status, etc. (e.g. primary care providers, home health agencies, etc.). Responsible for coordinating resources and equipment required as needed. * Collaborates with community Health and Wellness Director (HWD) to coordinate and communicate care for each resident.
* Reviews current population s medical diagnoses to identify care needs. Assists in assessing the health, functional, and psycho social status of residents.
* Coordinates services required to enhance optimum wellness and manage chronic conditions.
* Assists resident with developing and implementing personalized, holistic care plan.
* Collaborates with hospice, palliative and home health services/therapy as indicated.
* Participates in collaborative care reviews (CCR) and care conferences.
* Assists in the achievement of occupancy goals by monitoring the health, safety and well-being of residents, and proactively identifying those at risk for move out. Implements timely problem solving.
* Educates and explains Brookdale s care pathways as determined by individual diagnosis and healthcare needs.
* Provides resources for residents and families to make informed decisions regarding choices in meeting healthcare needs.
* Effectively advocates for residents and their families the benefits of residing and receiving care and services at the community.
* Provides advanced care planning education to residents and families/responsible parties. Helps ensure each resident has a completed Advanced Care Plan, inclusive of goals of care. Communicates with healthcare providers to ensure care delivery is consistent with resident s Advanced Care Plan(s).
* Applies quality improvement methodology for analyzing, improving and managing outcomes; collaborates with HWD to ensure compliance with service plan.
* In collaboration with Clinical Coordinators where applicable, provides oversight, coordination and family communication when necessary during resident hospitalization and rehab stays. Ensures return to community where appropriate.
* Communicates information in a timely manner to the appropriate care provider regarding changes in residents health/well-being, personal needs, risk management issues, customer service issues, family, or outside health care provider concerns.
* Maintains working knowledge of all Brookdale business lines (Independent Living, Assisted Living, Memory Care, Clare Bridge Crossings, Skilled Nursing Care, Home Health, Hospice, and Personalized Living).
* Facilitates continuity of care for those residents receiving home health care, hospice services, and other third party healthcare- related services. Partners with Brookdale Healthcare Services (BHS) and BHS Care Transition Managers to determine appropriate resident solutions.
* Completes documentation as required by Brookdale or state regulatory agencies.
* When residents return to the community after an inpatient admission, ensures appropriate care transitions protocols are being met.
* Completes other duties as assigned.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Education as required to obtain state nursing license (RN) and a minimum of 2-3 years relevant experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, AND OTHER SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
RN license required.
Uses independent critical thinking judgment to make decisions based on protocols and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and protocols.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS * Standing
* Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
* Reach with hands and arms
* Climb or balance
* Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
* Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
* Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
* Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
* On-Call on an as needed basis
* Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
* Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
* Exposure to latex
* Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
* Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
* Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
* Requires Travel: Frequently
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.