Posted in Other 5 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Efficiently and safely batches and handles wet/dry remill.
* Follow all company Safety Rules and Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's).
* Produce high quality products in a safe and healthful manner.
* Assigned shift attendance is required.
* To work in all areas of production and packaging, as assigned, which includes operating, being in close proximity to and crossing platforms over machinery.
* Ability to work as part of a team.
* Assist fellow employees as needed.
* Record accurately on forms, batches made, totes filled and material that is sent to hog farm trailer.
* Can drive a fork lift safely and conduct daily forklift safety inspections.
* Empty out bins during changeovers, accurately identify the product, label the tote and store product properly for future use.
* Safety operate powered industrial equipment
* Track quality and waste metrics
* Emphasis on sanitation/cleaning
* Assisting extruder technicians in general daily activities
* Maintain forklift and floor jacks.
* Move finished skids to warehouse area.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the duties and functions of the position.
* Must be able to report to work on time and to work the entire scheduled work period or shift. Timely and regular attendance is required.
* Must be able to successfully handle and manage stress.
* Accustomed to and able to work in a high-volume, fast-pace, complex and busy environment.
* Proven ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities.
* Strong problem-solving skills coupled with the ability to act. A can-do mindset and attitude is a must.
* Must be flexible and have the ability to work additional hours when workload, deadlines, production requirements, shift coverage or overtime demand it of the role.
* Consummate team player attitude of sharing and helping others. Must be able to interact positively, professionally and in cooperation with others.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High-school degree or equivalent is required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, GMP's and general instructions. Good communication skills are required.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out both oral and written instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions and duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and lift. The employee is required to stand and walk at minimum 70% of the time.
* The employee must be able to work12 hour shifts, with the flexibility to work additional planned or unplanned hours, as business needs.
* The employees must occasionally lift/push/pull or carry up to fifty (50) pounds, and should be able to lift 30-35 pounds on a frequent basis.
* The employee must be able to squat or kneel and to bend on a frequent basis.
* The employee must be able to work in a cold (40-50 degree) environment.
* The employee must be able to tolerate exposure to flour and yeast materials.
* The employee must be able to climb steps and vertical ladders 10ft high on a frequent basis.
SAFE PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENTS
Employee must have the ability to perform the essential job functions identified above consistent with safety standards and practices with or without a reasonable accommodation.
The work environments characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Hot in summer, cold in winter
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high..
The J. M. Smucker Company (the Company ) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.