Posted in Other 28 days ago.
Type: Full Time
At Houston Methodist, the Lead Health Screener position is responsible for the oversight and operational performance of a screening station(s) at designated facility/clinic(s). This position will function as the liaison with employees, patients, visitors and any other onsite vendors. The Lead Health Screener position is responsible for ensuring the daily operations of the screening station(s) are carried out in an efficient, safe, systematic and reproducible manner. This position must constantly assess potential improvements for flow when it is warranted. The Lead Health Screener position requires the ability to foster a team environment and should emphasize the need for all Houston Methodist staff to work together effectively and efficiently. This position is responsible for coordinating the logistical set-up of the screening station and is accountable for ensuring the site equipment arrives and leaves the area in an efficient and timely manner. This position will train health screeners to perform all necessary functions to maintain the operation of the station and performs the role of Health Screener, as needed. The Lead Health Screener position involves reporting of data, appropriate escalation of issues, communication and focus on patient, visitors and employee s safety and satisfaction.
PATIENT AGE GROUP(S) AND POPULATION(S) SERVED
Refer to departmental "Scope of Service" and "Provision of Care" plans, as applicable, for description of primary age groups and populations served by this job for the respective HM entity.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
o Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
- INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
- COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
- RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
- EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
o Focuses on patient/customer safety
o Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
o Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
o Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
o Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 30%
1. Leads and provides real-time staff education specific to screening processes and protocols that may change daily/weekly.
2. Acts as the point-person and resource for screening station needs, issues, etc. for the hospital. Performs functions of Health Screener, as needed.
3. Functions as the liaison with employees, patients, visitors and any other onsite vendors at the screening station.
4. Observes all employees, vendors, patients, and visitors upon entrance, including the review of a health screening questionnaire and a temperature screening, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
5. Provides advisement and direction to other team members and identifies trends and opportunities for improvement with employee engagement. Leads initiatives to improve employee participation and satisfaction.
SERVICE - 25%
1. Supplies equipment for assigned check-points, i.e. Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), essential lists for decision-making purposes (visitor/employee/contact for escalation), gloves, wipes, face shields, face masks and wrist bands, etc.
2. Maintains paperwork and hand-off of identified issues occurred during shift as well as other required shift records.
3. Responds to and assists patients, family members or employees, de-escalating if necessary; contacts various individuals to assist in unforeseen situations.
QUALITY/SAFETY - 25%
1. Rounds on screening station(s) to ensure the daily operations and recordkeeping of the screening station(s) are carried out in an efficient, safe, systematic and reproducible manner.
2. Adheres to wearing the proper PPE required for the work area during all interactions.
3. Constantly assesses potential improvements for flow when it is warranted.
FINANCE - 10%
1. Uses resources efficiently; does not waste supplies. Self-motivated to independently manage time effectively and prioritize daily tasks, minimizing incidental overtime. Utilizes time efficiently and helps other team members.
2. Handles multiple priorities simultaneously and effectively.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10%
1. Identifies and assumes responsibility of own learning needs and seeks continuing education opportunities to meet those needs. Completes and updates the individual development plan (IDP) on an on-going basis. Ensures own career discussions occur with appropriate management.
2. Offers innovative solutions through participation in performance improvement projects and activities. Follows up on action items to ensure completion of assignments.
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
o High School diploma or equivalent education (examples include: GED, verification of homeschool equivalency, partial or full completion of post-secondary education, etc.)
o Six months of work experience
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
o Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations
o Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security
o Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles
o Possesses critical thinking skills
o Demonstrates a strong commitment to practice all precautionary protocols set in place by facilities, CDC recommendations and government regulations, along with social distancing guidelines, as appropriate
o Ability to prioritize, frequently and quickly shift tasks, and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
o Ability to facilitate progressive change, work as part of a team and provide directions
o Strong oral and written communications skills
o Ability to consistently deliver excellent customer service
o Strong training, leadership and mentoring skills
o Ability to communicate effectively and escalate utilizing problem solving and decision-making skills
o Builds relationships with supporting departments, i.e.
Equal Employment Opportunity. Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.