Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
Req ID: 68943
At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company s growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a Java Software Development Engineer to join our team in Silver Spring, Maryland (US-MD), United States (US).
-Oversee technical design, development, and implementation of large projects and/or major software products and systems.
- Assist in defining architecture requirements and establishing standards for design and development
- Factor emerging technologies and product supportability into design and implementation.
- Serve as primary technical resource to development team.
* Eight (8) or more years directly related to software development engineering in Java. A thorough understanding of Java gained through formal training can substitute for this experience
* Eight or more years of experience in software development using Object Oriented Methodologies.
* Eight (8) or more years of experience using Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and/or Java 2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE) web services architecture. A thorough understanding of ESB or J2EE gained through formal training can substitute for this experience.
* Experience with Software design tools such as Rational Rose, Rhapsody, or comparable tools
* Experience with scripting is a plus (Perl & Python as well as others)
* Experience developing and/or supporting solutions for weather and meteorological science.
* Two or more years of experience in a supervisor role. Experience as a mentor. Experience as an Integrated Product Team (IPT) lead.
* Experience in Extensible Markup Language (XML), Unified Modeling Language (UML), Eclipse IDE, database, and/or Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) a plus.
* Experience in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) or OpenGL technologies a plus.
Bachelor of Science, BS in a Math, Science or Engineering related field
Must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. (Please include your GPA on your resume.)
US Citizenship with ability to obtain Public Trust clearance - candidate must be able to pass a National Agency Check (NAC).
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 118,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 88 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit nttdataservices.com to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the Company ) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.