Posted in Other 10 days ago.
Type: Full Time
Diversity and Inclusion, 865 Stone Street, Rahway, NJ 07065
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION SITE DIRECTOR:
The Director will be responsible for the successful implementation and ongoing management of targeted Diversity and Inclusion initiatives under the guidance of the Chief Diversity and Inclusion Officer and their hospital s CEO or designated hospital leader.
SITE DIRECTOR S RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Support full execution of the Corporate Office of Diversity and Inclusion System deployment plan with defined mission-driven health equity strategies and business goals.
* Provide subject matter expertise bringing forth new and innovative initiatives resulting in equitable outcomes.
* Participate in weekly supervision both onsite and via conference calls with the CODI s Assistant Vice President to onboard, design, and support hospital specific strategies.
* Lead the integration and overall expansion of Diversity and Inclusion at assigned hospital.
* Lead and manage the development of business resource groups/affinity groups with oversight and management of budgets, project developments, daily deliverables and operations including the creation and rollout of charters, steering committees, and the identification of executive sponsors.
* Regular unit rounding to identify opportunities for collaboration with leaders and provide immediate/real-time responses for immediate concerns as needed.
* Provide support and oversight in the coordination, planning, and execution of BRG-led initiatives such as internal events including community programs and initiatives.
* Work with Patient Access to train employees on collecting REAL data to improve health equity through data collection and additionally train on asking sex assigned at birth, current gender identity and preferred name at the point of entry to allow patients to self-identity.
* Analyze metrics and research on Diversity & Inclusion best practices and benchmarks as input to designing and implementing initiatives.
* Design, develop, and implement Cultural Sensitivity Trainings and education including the delivery of D&I training at New Employee Orientation.
* In alignment with CODI, the director will lead the submission process for the Healthcare Equality Index designation, a benchmarking tool promoting standard performance and an inclusive and equitable care environment for the LGBTQ community.
* Responsible for helping to shape and sustain a respectful inclusive culture for employees and practitioners in addition to a culture focused on delivering culturally and linguistically competent care to patients and families.
* Bachelor s degree with at least 2 years Diversity & Inclusion experience. Masters preferred.
* Management experience including team building, plan development, and project execution in healthcare setting preferred.
* Requires 100% on-site accessibility, including system-wide travel as scheduled and in accordance with business needs.
RWJBarnabas Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer