Posted in Other 15 days ago.
Type: Full Time
North America, USA, Louisiana, Baton Rouge
The John Crane Graduate Engineer Program offers engineering graduates a unique opportunity to join a 24 to 30 months hands on Graduate Program. The Program includes rigorous technical training, soft skills training as well as field engineering exposure and gives graduates the opportunity to work on real projects.
As part of our Graduate Engineering Program, you will be assigned to an international location where you will gain practical hands-on field reliability engineering experience and be mentored and work alongside experienced Engineers.
We are looking for graduates who can solve real world challenges, so you will utilize your team working skills, outside of the box thinking, effective communication and innovation.
Your assignment locations may be international, and shorter-term assignments of up to two months may also form part of the Program, so it is ideal if you are enthusiastic about an international setting, exposure to different work-cultures and eager to learn.
Upon completion of the Graduate Engineer Program, each engineer s career path will differ based on a variety of factors. Some engineers may elect to continue within Operations, while other engineers may elect to pursue an Engineering, Manufacturing, R&D, or Functional career path. Career advancement opportunities available after the Graduate Engineer Program are based on individual performance and potential, demonstrated experience, professionalism, personal preferences, business needs, and management recommendation.
**Program will consider International Non-US Citizen Candidates with Student Visa and/or work authorization for 12 months through Optional Practical Training (OPT) with a graduation date of December 2020. Duties & Responsibilities
Your onboarding will consist of in-depths technical training with your peers on the Program to ensure you are well prepared for your field assignment. The onboarding training will comprise a mix of technical as well as non- technical topics as below: * Mechanical Wet & Gas Seal Fundamentals Elements, Assembly, Installation, Design, Selection, Evaluation, Troubleshooting, etc.
* Seal Support Systems Fundamentals - Heat Exchangers, Cyclone Separators, Filtration, Valves, etc.
* Couplings Fundamentals
* Rotary Equipment Fundamentals Pumps, Compressors, Turbines, Vessels, etc.
* Field/Reliability Engineering Fundamentals Technical recommendation, product evaluation, assembly, installation, troubleshooting, MTBR improvement, customer communication, etc.
* Wet Seal Design & Application Engineering
* Manufacturing & Operations
* Field & Customer Reliability Engineering
* Additional Non-Technical Workshops Project Management, Business, Marketing, Finance, Communication
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe that different perspectives and backgrounds are what make a company flourish. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, economic status, disability, age, or any other legally protected characteristics. We are proud to be an inclusive company with values grounded in equality and ethics, where we celebrate, support, and embrace diversity. The Individual
We are looking for students who are eager to go on international assignments and are excited by a culturally diverse setting. International assignment locations include, but are not limited to: United Kingdom, Brazil, Africa, and Middle East.
* Bachelor s degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering (or equivalent degree) or letter from registrar confirming graduation date by December 2020.
* Previous engineering experience (internship, co-op, undergraduate research, etc.) is advantageous
* You enjoy areas such as New Product Development, Prototyping, testing and design/analysis
* Experience in design, drafting and related technical assignments is a plus.
* It is advantageous if you have experience with software applications such as CAD and FEA.
* You possess good problem-solving skills, which include the ability to gather, correlate and present statistical data for review and usage by an engineer for the completion of an assigned project.
* You are excited by and display our values of Integrity, Respect, Customer Focus, Ownership, Passion.
If you are ready to go on an adventure with John Crane please apply! About Smiths
At Smiths we apply leading-edge technology to design, manufacture and deliver market-leading innovative solutions that meet our customers' evolving needs, and touch the lives of millions of people every day. We are a FTSE100, global business of around 23,000 colleagues, based in 55 countries. Our solutions have a real impact on lives across the planet, enabling industry, improving healthcare, enhancing security, advancing connectivity and supporting new homes. Our products and services are often critical to our customers operations, while our proprietary technology and high service levels help create competitive advantage. We welcome colleagues with a curious mind, who are happy with responsibility, enjoy a challenge and are attracted by the idea of working at a business with an almost 170 year history of innovation, and five global divisions, all experts in their field. About John Crane
John Crane (www.johncrane.com) is a global leader in rotating equipment solutions, supplying engineered technologies and services to process industries. The company designs and manufactures a variety of products including mechanical seals and systems, couplings, bearings, filtration systems and predictive digital monitoring technologies. John Crane customer service is accessed through a global network of more than 200 sales and service facilities in over 50 countries. Fiscal year 2016 revenue was greater than 1 Billion USD ( 830m). John Crane is part of Smiths Group (www.smiths.com), a global leader in applying advanced technologies for markets in threat and contraband detection, energy, medical devices, communications, and engineered components.
It is the policy of John Crane to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local LAW. In addition, John Crane will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.