Posted in Other 11 days ago.
Type: Full Time
*Payroll Title: Assistant Coach 2
*Job Code: 005046
*Job Open Date: 10/14/20
Primary Consideration Date for Open Until Filled: 10/28/20
*Department Code-Name: ATHL
*Percentage of Time: 100%
*Collective Bargaining Unit (CBU): PPSM (99)
*Grade Type/Grade: BYA
*FLSA Exemption Status: Exempt
*Work Location: Intercollegiate Athletics Building and Facilities, Competition Venues
*Pay Rate/Range: $43,660/yr.
*Days/Hours: Monday - Sunday as needed.
DEPARTMENT MARKETING STATEMENT
UC Santa Barbara is located on the Pacific Ocean, ranks among the top-10 public universities in the nation and is a member of the prestigious Association of American Universities. The UCSB Athletics Department includes 20 intercollegiate sports teams and 450 student-athletes that compete for championships in the Big West Conference and at the NCAA Division 1 level. The Gauchos have won a record 10 Big West Conference Commissioner's Cups, representing the league's all-sports champion, including 2018-19.
BRIEF SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES
Assists the Head Coach in the design, supervision, and implementation of a well disciplined, competitive and comprehensive Intercollegiate Athletics sports program utilizing sound teaching principles. Abides by all local, state, federal, and specialized mandates, including NCAA, Big West and Mountain Pacific Sports Federation Conferences, and University and Department of Athletics rules, policies, and regulations.
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year institution.
* Demonstrated leadership ability and successful coaching experience.
* Ability to effectively communicate through oral, written and electronic forms.
* Experience in program planning and teaching.
* Requires sound player/team management skills.
* Ability to teach sound fundamentals of the sport.
* Ability to recruit highly successful student athletes.
* Thorough knowledge of NCAA Constitution and Bylaws.
* Understanding of the role of intercollegiate athletics within the overall academic mission of the University.
See job description for knowledge, skills, and abilities.
*SPECIAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
* Mandated reporting requirements of Child Abuse
* UCSB Campus Security Authority under Clery Act
* Maintain a valid CA driver's license, a clean DMV record and enrollment in the DMV Employee Pull-Notice Program.
* Satisfactory criminal history background check.
* UCSB is a Tobacco-Free environment.
* Available to work after hours, weekends, and holidays as required by team schedule.
*JOB FUNCTIONS/PERCENTAGE OF TIME/DUTIES
Student-Athlete Skills, Duties, and Responsibilities - 60%
Student-Athlete Skill Instruction, Player Development, Team & Game Preparation:
* Under general direction of the head coach, performs assigned coaching duties.
* Assists in all aspects of training and coaching with thorough knowledge of the sport - teaching skill development, assisting with coaching strategies, applying techniques, and developing player skills.
* Assists with organization and implementation of pre-season conditioning program working with head coach and strength coach to put together conditioning program and assisting student-athletes in completing the program.
* Conducts preseason, regular season and permissible out of season practices and training programs.
* Prepares effective game plans for opponents, analyze game situations, develop and communicate adjustments during the competition, and ensure plans are consistent with the skills and abilities of the student-athletes.
* Travels to away competitions and assist with team management.
* Maintains professional conduct at all times in the teaching and coaching of student-athletes and during team and game preparation.
* Keeps informed of trends and changes in respective sport, maintain membership in professional organizations, and attend clinics or conferences when appropriate.
Administrative Duties - 40%
* Assists with recruiting prospective student-athletes within the rules and regulations of the NCAA, Big West Conference and UCSB. Recruiting duties may include calling prospective student-athletes, evaluating talent, organizing official visits, and maintaining accurate recruiting records.
* Assists with apparel and equipment ordering, working within budget limitations and keeping accurate records of inventory.
* Assists with the coordination of team and recruiting travel arrangements.
* Assists with the planning and organization of team and department community service activities.
* Works cooperatively with personnel in the Athletics Department, the University community and the general public.
*EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The University of California endeavors to make https://jobs.ucsb.edu accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact Katherine Abad in Human Resources at 805-893-4664 or email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
*PRIVACY NOTIFICATION STATEMENT
The State of California Information Practices Act of 1977 (effective July 1978) requires the University to provide the following information to individuals who are asked to supply information about themselves: Application: The principal purpose for requesting information on the Application is for applicant-tracking purposes and to collect applicant contact information. Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity Data Form: Information furnished on this form is requested by UCSB's Affirmative Action Office. The University of California, Santa Barbara is a Federal contractor and, therefore, must comply with Affirmative Action regulations issued pursuant to Executive Order 11246, Federal Revised Order No. 4, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and Section 402 of the Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974. Furnishing the information on this form is voluntary. There is no penalty for not completing this form. The offices responsible for maintaining the information supplied on this form are the UCSB Human Resources Office and the Affirmative Action Office.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR) STATEMENT FOR PERSONS IN THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA: As part of our commitment to protecting your privacy, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Privacy Statement ("Privacy Statement") is designed to provide you, as a person in the European Economic Area, with information regarding the types of personal information that the University of California s Human Resources departments and offices collect about you. The Privacy Statement can be found at: https://ucnet.universityofcalifornia.edu/gdpr.html.nformation supplied on this form are the UCSB Human Resources Office and the Affirmative Action Office.
*NOTICE OF AVAILABILITY OF THE UCSB ANNUAL SECURITY REPORT
The University is committed to providing a safe and secure campus environment for our students, faculty, staff, and visitors. In accordance with the "Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act" (Clery Act), UCSB publishes an Annual Security Report to provide information regarding campus safety and security policies, crime statistics, and resources to current and prospective students and