Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
Type: Full Time
JOB PURPOSE: Develop and lead Sonoco s university relations strategy providing organization-wide guidance and oversight of strategic talent management practices with a hands-on approach. Implement innovative, competitive, cost-effective strategies for recruiting and selecting diverse, high-quality talent.
* Identify a strategy to create more market and brand awareness of Sonoco Products Company as an employer of choice for engineering and business students
* Creates a team that supports the daily operations of a robust, nationwide university relations and leadership program; hires, leads, coaches and provides direction to team members
* Builds relationships with universities across North America through community engagement, career fair and marketing activities, project co-op experiences, and other opportunities identified by university staff, provosts, deans, department heads and student groups
* Ensures Sonoco diversifies the schools in which we partner with focusing on smaller rural schools in closer proximity to the communities we serve; as well as schools with more diverse student populations
* Improves Sonoco s diversity representation by attracting and onboarding more minority and female candidates into our internship and ELP programs
* Works directly with the Workforce Representation Team of our Diversity and Inclusion Council; identifies needs for focus areas and with collaboration of the team helps to drive the intended results of the WRT strategy
* Works directly with the Employee Experience team to identify the marketing strategies for our on-site and virtual presence on college and university campuses
* Provides research and statistics that help educate our business and operational leaders on why growing our pipeline of young talent is critical for Sonoco s overall success
* Partner very closely with our Talent Acquisition Business Partners to ensure that recruiting strategies are aligned with university strategy
* Partners very closely with Organizational Development team to understand outcomes and needs of Sonoco s talent management process and ensure our university relations activities support the needs of our succession planning and broader leadership strategy
* Partners closely with Learning and Development team to create content needed for the onboarding and development of our early leadership talent and college hires
* Highlight successes of these relationships; help invent effective ways to share information between teams across Sonoco on successes and best practices for their emerging leader and early career leadership team members
* Works directly with the Director, Policy, Compliance & Labor Relations, Talent Acquisition, and Organizational Development to operationalize strategy and goals for diversity and inclusion programs
* Partner with Talent Manager to identify feeder pools of diverse talent for talent pools with under-representation
* Link University Relations work with overall Talent Management Strategy
* Lead education and change management with Regional HR Managers and HR Business Partners to understand EEO data and develop gap closure plans for AAPs
* Lead specific initiatives in partnership with the Work Environment and Workforce Representation teams via the D&I Council
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
The ideal candidate will have strong customer-facing skills, executive presence, the ability to think broadly and a passion for diversity. They will have the ability to understand cultural norms at all levels and with diverse groups of individuals.
* 6 years of proven thought leadership as it relates to diversity and inclusion, talent management, training and development or recruitment
* Experience in leading with indirect authority
* Demonstrated ability to work in highly matrixed organization with quality delivery to multiple stakeholders without direct reporting relationships
* Commitment to developing, communicating, and executing a shared vision, gaining support from a wide array of internal/external stakeholders
* Ability to think strategically, intuitively, empathetically and to solve unstructured problems
* Ability to plan, develop, and articulate strategies for engaging with key audiences and to bring feedback to internal stakeholders in a meaningful way to help drive continuous improvement
* Demonstrated ability to facilitate an effective virtual community
* Track record of excellent teamwork and collaboration across a large organization with multiple teams
* Bachelor s degree required
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we strictly prohibit and do not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants or any other covered persons because of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any legally protected characteristic.