Posted in Other 14 days ago.
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/
Boise State University is building an inclusive community of faculty and staff whose unique skills, cultural contributions, work history, and perspectives create a rich and rewarding academic experience for our students. Research demonstrates that people thrive when they feel welcome, respected, and inspired. We seek applicants who are committed to helping us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community. Applications from members of historically marginalized groups, including women, BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), those with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ+ community, those who have served in the military, and members of other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
The WordPress Developer will be responsible for both back-end and front-end development; design, maintenance, and enhancement of the university's primary WordPress theme and approved plugins; implementation of additional WordPress themes and plugins; site integrations; pipeline staging; QA testing; and security updates.
The successful candidate will have in-depth knowledge of front-end programming languages, practical experience with WordPress themes, and functional implementation standards.
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) drives and supports the efforts of Boise State University as a key strategic partner supporting innovation and advancing education and research through reliable and sustainable technology solutions.
Recognized subject matter expert who knows how to apply theory and put it into practice with in-depth understanding of the professional field and requiring limited oversight from managers. Independently performs the full range of responsibilities within the function; requires deep job knowledge of area typically obtained through higher education combined with experience. Manages large projects or processes. Problems faced are difficult and often complex; analyzes problems/issues of diverse scope and determines solutions. May manage programs that include formulating strategies and administering policies, processes and resources; functions with a high degree of autonomy. Influences others regarding policies, practices, and procedures.
60% of Time the WordPress Developer 3 must:
• Collaborate with University Web Team (members of the Office of Information Technology and the Office of
Communications and Marketing) to assess needs for theme development, child themes, integrations, plugins,
and related functionality for the university's hosted WordPress infrastructure.
• Maintain and enhance custom university themes developed by third-party vendors.
• Develop theme enhancements and related functionality for current university theme and
new themes as requested.
• Diagnose, identify, and resolve theme bugs.
• Collaborate with Operations team to stage theme updates in test and production
• Collaborate with Operations team to manage site back-end, including database and AWS
• Collaborate with Web Development Team to assess needs for application integrations.
• Respond with urgency to time-sensitive initiatives from the Office of the President;
collaborate with University Web Team to scope, plan, and develop solutions.
• Develop application integrations and related functionality as needed.
• Conduct website performance tests and suggest quantitative enhancements based on
• Monitor performance of the live website.
• Respond to security vulnerabilities.
Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Knowledge of code versioning tools
• Experience working with debugging tools
• Strong understanding of website architecture with a keen attention to details
• Collaborative approach to defining, designing, and developing web projects.
• Advanced analytical and troubleshooting skills with complex technical subjects and tasks
• Ability to be self-directed and manage multiple projects at a given time.
• Bachelor's degree plus 5 years of relevant professional experience or equivalent.
• Demonstrable experience developing and enhancing WordPress themes.
• WordPress plugin development and maintenance, and UI/UX experience preferred.
• Demonstrable experience designing and modifying WordPress core framework.
• Prefer degree concentration in: Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems, or Computer Science.
Salary and Benefit
Salary $71,968.00/year. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://www.boisestate.edu/hrs/benefits/.
Required Application Materials:
Please provide a cover letter, resume and three professional references.
Advertised: January 6, 2022 Mountain Standard Time
Applications close: January 28, 2022 11:55 PM Mountain Standard Time
Enpro Industries, Inc.
Enpro Industries, Inc.
Enpro Industries, Inc.