Social Media Specialist
at Wilton Industries, Inc.
Posted in Media - Journalism - Newspaper 2 months ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Woodridge, Illinois
Wilton Brands LLC (“Wilton”) has a portfolio of iconic brands and is the leading supplier in the U.S. Crafts Industry. These brands help families successfully celebrate life’s many occasions, express their creativity through crafts, encourage them to share with their families and friends, and capture their meaningful and lasting memories. Wilton operates through two divisions, Wilton Enterprises and Simplicity Creative Group, which are leaders in their respective categories. Learn more about Wilton at http://www.wilton.com.
The Social Media Specialist is responsible for overseeing the execution of social marketing tactics for Wilton Industries, designed to build awareness and drive consumer engagement in support of overall marketing objectives. The position reports to the Social Media Manager.
- Focus on publishing content and facilitating conversations on various social networks that will empower consumers involved in activities associated with our brand to be successful.
- Assist with the development of social marketing plans across platforms such as Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat that will inspire and educate the consumer.
- Identify and implement tactics to grow our community of engaged social followers in a way that supports the brand objectives.
- Maintain a schedule of social marketing activities that supports the overall online marketing plan and provides valuable content for the consumer and implement promotions on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, etc.
- Monitor conversations on various social media sites, respond when appropriate, and work with customer support and other internal departments to address any consumer issues.
- Assist in identifying outside creators of digital content which whom we can partner and develop tactics for leveraging that content.
- Collaborate with the digital marketing team and our creative resources to ensure that social campaigns contain the identified key messaging and strong call to actions when appropriate; and, the aesthetic and copy of social posts are consistent with overall brand style and voice.
- Plan and manage social media contests and sweepstakes that support our overall marketing and promotional strategy.
- Conduct continual and proactive review of social marketing KPIs and collaborate with the team on those and other findings in order to identify activities to improve campaign performance.
- Stay current on emerging social media trends and best practices.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing or related field
- 2+ years of experience in B to C social media marketing
- Experience using Social Media publishing, monitoring and listening tools. Included but not limited to Curalate, Tubular, Hootsuite.
- Experience utilizing Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and other social networks
- Community management experience across Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and other platforms.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Current knowledge of B to C social media marketing emerging trends and best practices
- A deep understanding of content and messaging optimization by channel
- Attention to detail, with an ability to oversee and prioritize multiple projects and consistently meet deadlines
- Strong desire to collaborate
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Capability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Desire to continue to learn and grow professionally
Wilton Brands LLC is an equal employment opportunity employer. We attract and retain the best qualified people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, individuals with disability or veteran status as provided by law. Wilton Brands LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.