Field Service Technician
Posted in Information Technology about 1 month ago.
Location: Austin, Texas
Overview: The Technician Level works on assignments that are routine in nature where limited judgement is required. The Field Service Technician works under general supervision and repairs, installs, and tests less complex computer system hardware or software.
- Performs on-site or in-house servicing, repair and/or installation of company product(s) including system hardware and software, PC's, and networking/wireless networking
- Provides technical support to customers on operational or maintenance aspects of system equipment
- Serves as customer contact on technical and service related problems
- Diagnoses mechanical, hardware, software and systems failures, using established procedures
- Determines most cost effective repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime
- Prepares reports for analysis of product failure trends and service ability issues
- Performs general maintenance tasks and resolves less complex problems immediately, while more complex issues are identified to a higher level of support
- May involve use of problem management databases and help desk system
- Requires 1-2 years of related work experience, or AA degree, or technical training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Employees working on client accounts must possess A+ certification.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.