Applications Systems Administrator at 1010 Epiq Technology, LLC
Posted in Information Technology 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Kansas City, Kansas
It's fun to work at a company where people truly believe in what they are doing!
The Applications Services Administrator will be responsible for all aspects of supporting proprietary and third party applications and their related infrastructure environments at Epiq Systems Inc. This role assumes full accountability along with the other members of the team for delivery of services that meet all business requirements, as well as providing outstanding customer service, technical knowledge, and accurate and timely deliverables. This includes advanced troubleshooting, proper scoping, resource allocation/tracking, documentation, communication, testing and deployment/introduction. The Application Services Administrator will be able to provide expert systems knowledge and support development and operational phases of the information life cycle. This position will support database technologies such as Oracle, Sybase and SQL Server. The Application Services Administrator will have an in depth knowledge of SQL Server, Relativity and Microsoft systems. The individual must be able to collaborate with the Operations and other IT teams, and the Application and Litigation Support teams to effectively deliver reliable, well designed sol
- Provides detailed technical support for all applications
- Be an escalation point for advanced application support and troubleshooting needs
- Promptly support end users with complex SQL Queries impacting application performance
- Maintains a high level of stability and availability of all supported systems
- Performs application upgrades and updates during change control windows
- On project by project basis, provide solutions specific to the requirements not met by application’s functionalities or implement processes that will enhance application’s performance to client’s expectation.
- Work with all departments to troubleshoot application issues
- Supports operations and client services teams as needed
- Creates and maintains up-to-date documentation
- Responsible for hands on support when needed to supplement team resources
- Supports “on call” in rotating schedule and puts in extra hours as needed
- Monitor, test, and tune system performance of supported information systems
- Performs standard configuration, management and maintenance tasks for related file systems, input/output systems, networking, clustering, storage and applications
- Creates Windows/SQL scripts as needed
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports Relativity
- Supports Equivio
- Support SQL 2008, 2014
- Supports Windows Server (2003, 2008, 2012)
- Supports Citrix Xen 6.5 environments
- Supports FTP solutions
- Knowledge of Microsoft IIS (v6 & v7) and Apache webservers
- Working knowledge of OEM (Oracle Enterprise Manager)
- Provides general technical troubleshooting including Storage Arrays
Qualifications & Characteristics
- 1-2 years’ experience working with Relativity and Equivio in the eDiscovery industry
- 2+ years of experience supporting applications based on the Microsoft SQL Server RDBMS platform
- Develop and maintain knowledge of all Epiq Systems proprietary and 3rd party applications
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server administration
- Strong technical problem solving, trouble-shooting and communication skills
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft PowerShell
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows administration
- General knowledge of Windows DNS and authentication principals as used in multi-tiered client server applications
- Good working knowledge of Citrix Xen
- Ability to stay current with emerging technologies
- Ability to quickly learn and support new applications and technologies
- Strong initiative and ability to work with moderate supervision
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- 8+ years of experience in Information Technology
- Relevant Certifications: RCA, RIS, MCSA/MCSE, VCP
- B.S. Engineering / C.S. / MIS degree desirable, or related experience
- Team on-call duties
- Occasional weekend/after-hours required
- Experience with Version Control Systems
- Good understanding of the ITIL, ITSM principles
Integrity - Behaves in an honest, fair and ethical manner; shows consistency in words and actions; does what she/he commits to doing; respects the confidentiality of information or concerns shared by others; is honest and forthright with people; carries his/her fair share of the workload; takes responsibility for own mistakes.
Client Focus- Takes action with the clients, both internal and external, and sees their needs as a primary focus; builds a sustaining collaborative and productive relationship with clients; seeks to understand client situations, issues, expectations, etc.; takes appropriate action to meet client needs and address concerns; implements or utilizes methods to monitor and evaluate client feedback.
Results Driven- Sets stretch goals for personal and team accomplishment and works tenaciously to achieve those goals; acts with a sense of urgency; takes the initiative on actions; identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked; does more than what is normally required in a situation; establishes metrics to monitor progress and measure success; maintains focus by avoiding or overcoming roadblocks.
Entrepreneurial Orientation - Proposes innovative business opportunities/ideas to customers and business partners; encourages and supports entrepreneurial behavior in others; demonstrates willingness to take calculated risks to achieve business goals.
Decisiveness - Makes well-informed, effective and timely decisions even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences; perceives the impact and implications of decisions; has the ability to make tough decisions.
Epiq Systems solves problems faced by the legal profession in managing high volume, complex electronic data. We serve corporations and law firms around the world in practice areas spanning bankruptcy, litigation, class action, mass tort, antitrust, investigations and regulatory compliance.
Epiq combines proprietary software, deep subject matter expertise and a global infrastructure to assist clients with the technology requirements for their most important and complex matters. Our clients include top worldwide law firms, corporate legal departments, government agencies and trustees.
We strive for a cohesive, collaborative environment that focuses on group achievement.
Epiq is a NASDAQ listed company (EPIQ) with over 1000 associates worldwide. Epiq operates globally with key offices in Hong Kong, Kansas City (corporate headquarters), London, New York, Phoenix, Shanghai (data center only), Tokyo, Toronto and Washington, D.C.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Epiq Systems, Inc. and its affiliated companies are Equal Opportunity Employers (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, marital or veteran status or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law. In addition Epiq Systems will take affirmative action for minorities, women, covered veterans and individuals with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. Epiq Systems is pleased to provide such assistance and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.